TT doing a good job right now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

TT doing a good job right now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:02 am

GreenBay4Life wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:Joey Porter (does he fit the scheme?)
Antonio Bryant
Travis Henry
Justin Griffith
Lavar Arrington

We dont need porter, Henry is going to command huge money, Griffith is a fullback, and Arrington we tried to sign last yr and the book is out on him with his injuries. Bryant is the only player I can see as being a option but I think there is so much baggage on him that TT wont take the chance. We might have to wait till June 1st before the pack make a big signing.

There was major baggage with koren robinson to.....

With Green Leaving, i think we need to either grab a back quick, or pray that lynch is still there at 16. Then, grab a WR, either via FA or a trade, and pick up a safety.

As for Rodgers, what little I did see leads me to beleive that he will have a decent career as a packup, and a starter here and there when guys get hurt, but he will never be a franchise QB. I think Carr has the potential to be a franchise QB.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:09 am

This is really starting to upset me. The Packers have got to do SOMETHING. This team is a lot further away than just getting Lynch to being a threatening playoff team. I would still be in favor of giving up a 2nd round pick for McGahee, and take a safety in the first round.

This sitting around just hoping all our young players get better in the offseason does not sit well. We need to add an impact player here and there to really make a difference.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Teck » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:48 pm

dgan wrote:This is really starting to upset me. The Packers have got to do SOMETHING. This team is a lot further away than just getting Lynch to being a threatening playoff team. I would still be in favor of giving up a 2nd round pick for McGahee, and take a safety in the first round.

This sitting around just hoping all our young players get better in the offseason does not sit well. We need to add an impact player here and there to really make a difference.

Well with willis gone that leaves Jamal who is probably going to sign with the browns, (if he didnt already, havent checked) and betts in the free agency. I'd rather us get AP or Lynch than betts, but wouldnt mind Jamal
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:46 pm

Teck wrote:
dgan wrote:This is really starting to upset me. The Packers have got to do SOMETHING. This team is a lot further away than just getting Lynch to being a threatening playoff team. I would still be in favor of giving up a 2nd round pick for McGahee, and take a safety in the first round.

Well with willis gone that leaves Jamal who is probably going to sign with the browns, (if he didnt already, havent checked) and betts in the free agency. I'd rather us get AP or Lynch than betts, but wouldnt mind Jamal

Betts isnt a FA, he would be a possible trade candidate. The problem right now is that if Lynch isnt still on the board at #16, we are SOL unless we make a trade. The only guys left are Dillon, and Droughns will soon be a FA, neither of which I like. Dillon wouldnt be bad, but at his age, he has some durability issues. At the best, he would be part of a 3 way time share with morency or herron.

I just hope that we can get lynch or that come june 1, someone worth picking up becomes available.

Any thoughts on Chris Brown? Im not a huge fan, but he is probably better than morency or herron.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:22 pm

i like are backups better than C.Brown

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Teck » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:33 pm

Chris brown is damn good when he isn't hurt. He catches out of the backfield pretty well, i had him in my league last season.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby dgan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:56 pm

Teck wrote:Chris brown is damn good when he isn't hurt. He catches out of the backfield pretty well, i had him in my league last season.

That's the problem. Biakabatuka and Ki-jana Carter are good when they're not hurt, too. :-b
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby dgan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:59 am

This is our chance to go grab Hamlin. We could still draft a young safety to bring along.

I know Hamlin isn't the best cover guy, but we've had a bunch of those recently. Butler, Sharper, etc... We haven't had a good hard-hitting safety since...

well....

since:

:-b
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Green Bay Packers