Free Agent signing rumors... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Free Agent signing rumors...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Agent signing rumors...

Postby vikingsrube » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:40 am

Any FA buzz, lets talk it over here.

Anyone hear how the Curtis visit went? With Bennett going to the Rams, I'm hoping we're able to sign at least one of the top FA WRs. Also, anyone heard if we're looking at Stallworth or Horn?
"Super Bowl Homeboy"
vikingsrube
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:55 pm

Well, I don't think Bobby Wade is what people had in mind, but apparently he is our answer at WR. Outside of Curtis, it doesn't seem like we are really going after any of the WR's who could make a difference. Bennett signed with the Rams and Stallworth appears a shoe-in to sign elsewhere. Hopefully we address the need at WR in the draft cause it is glaring right now.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:38 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Well, I don't think Bobby Wade is what people had in mind, but apparently he is our answer at WR. Outside of Curtis, it doesn't seem like we are really going after any of the WR's who could make a difference. Bennett signed with the Rams and Stallworth appears a shoe-in to sign elsewhere. Hopefully we address the need at WR in the draft cause it is glaring right now.

It looks like we will address most of our needs in the draft. Childress seems to prefer developing talent himself rather then trying to buy it like some teams do (such as the Redskins). He did a fine job last year, I think 4 or 5 of our draft picks started at least one game last year (considering our #1 pick didn't play that's pretty good).

The fact that Childress likes to to draft his needs makes it seem unlikely that he would be willing to give up any picks to move up in the draft for Calvin Johnson. Sure it would be an ideal fit for us but Childress is unlikely to break the bank for any one player.

That being said, it seems like trading down would be our best bet. This draft is loaded with great WRs and extra picks would allow us to fully replenish our depleted receiving core or to add some additional young talents to our already very young and developing team.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minnesota Vikings