Miami releases Piano Boy, McMichael - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Miami releases Piano Boy, McMichael

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby whodey#9 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:53 am

dogthedyslexic wrote:
moochman wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:Packers are also looking for a TE. And mooch, Miami didn't dump Welker, they got a 2nd rounder and a 7th for him, which I consider a good deal.

A New England 2nd rounder is a *near third rounder and name me a 7th round draft pick that is playing. Welker was versitile and not that expensive, so either he had an injury or other issue perhaps. It's not as if the Phins{ are swimming in receivers.

*(bear in mind that a near 3rd round pick to me, a Lions' fan, is a waste)

Marques Colston

:-b Thats great ;-D

I forgot he was a 7th round pick too.... :-?
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:26 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Really surprising. Especially with the head coach. I thought he would really utilize McMichael this next year.

I agree suprising move dropping McMichael. I also thought Cam we try to use him similiar to Gates. Guess they like David Martin better.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:23 am

do yourselves a favor and sign him seattle!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 pm

whodey#9 wrote:
dogthedyslexic wrote:
moochman wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:Packers are also looking for a TE. And mooch, Miami didn't dump Welker, they got a 2nd rounder and a 7th for him, which I consider a good deal.

A New England 2nd rounder is a *near third rounder and name me a 7th round draft pick that is playing. Welker was versitile and not that expensive, so either he had an injury or other issue perhaps. It's not as if the Phins{ are swimming in receivers.

Marques Colston

The exception that proves the rule. 7th round picks usually don't make it beyond special teams.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 pm

moochman wrote:
whodey#9 wrote:
dogthedyslexic wrote:
moochman wrote:

Marques Colston

The exception that proves the rule. 7th round picks usually don't make it beyond special teams.

And LB Banta-Cain whom the 49ers just sighed was a 7th rounder too. I'm sure there are more out there too. The point is that getting something along with the 2nd rounder (which they only would've got the 2nd rounder if NE made an offer sheet for him) is a pretty good deal on their side. And it is certainly possible to find a talented prospect near the end of a draft.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:26 pm

Josh Brown - 7th rounder. Special Teams ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby robnestrick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:45 pm

McMichael will find a home and he is a good TE. So, wherever he ends up, he will make an impact.

As for Harrington, he's bound to be a second stringer for the remainder of his life. I think he's had his opportunties and no team will be willing to put him under center as the leader of their team.
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby phunkadelic » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:12 am

moochman wrote: and name me a 7th round draft pick that is playing.

TJ Houshmandzadeh
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:00 pm

dogthedyslexic wrote:
moochman wrote:

Marques Colston

Can you name any other 7th rounder from last year's draft without looking it up? Sure people from the 7th can go on to have solid careers, but the % is miniscule. You can also find some FA's that went on to have good careers. Priest Holmes, Rod Smith, Antonio Gates, etc. to name a few
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk