Seahawks sign Kerney - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seahawks sign Kerney

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:22 am

our top 5 starters didnt play in a single game together last year and we went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with street bum's playing as our corners. Hell, we didnt even have our #1 wr in the playoffs.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Timbathia » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Alkaholik wrote:our top 5 starters didnt play in a single game together last year and we went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with street bum's playing as our corners. Hell, we didnt even have our #1 wr in the playoffs.

So this either means the Seahawks are REALLY good, or alternatively the NFC West and NFC in general is REALLY bad.

I will take option B thanks.

And just for the record, stirring up Seahawk fans is almost as fun as Patriot fans.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Timbathia wrote:
fantasizing wrote:
Timbathia wrote:Soft, cowardly decision by Kerney so common in today's NFL.

He would rather play in a CFL-standard division in the easy-conference, rather than play for a good team in a tough division in the hard conference. I guess the thought of teeing off on Alex Smith and Leinart twice a year behind those high-school o-lines was too much to pass up on.

Too many guys just want cash and the easy road. Where are all the guys that play for the challenge gone?

Wasn't it Alex Smith and his CFL-standard SF 49ers that knocked the tough, hard Denver Broncos out of the playoffs this past season? Seattle's got a much better shot at winning the superbowl than the Broncoes.

Yeah, so whats your point. Well, alright you got me.

Last year was a season of transition, new QB, all-pro MLB out injured, etc. etc.,"insert never ending string of excuses in here", etc.

The Broncos will hands down be a better team that Seattle this year. The only reason that Seattle MAY have any shot at all of the playoffs is because of the free-pass to the divsion title (though that being said, the 49ers will probably win the division).

I see the Broncos winning the superbowl either this year or next. Write it down.

I guarantee that they dont win it either this yr or next.

What about a lifetime PBC for this one?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Timbathia » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:37 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Timbathia wrote:
fantasizing wrote:

He would rather play in a CFL-standard division in the easy-conference, rather than play for a good team in a tough division in the hard conference. I guess the thought of teeing off on Alex Smith and Leinart twice a year behind those high-school o-lines was too much to pass up on.

Too many guys just want cash and the easy road. Where are all the guys that play for the challenge gone?

Wasn't it Alex Smith and his CFL-standard SF 49ers that knocked the tough, hard Denver Broncos out of the playoffs this past season? Seattle's got a much better shot at winning the superbowl than the Broncoes.

Last year was a season of transition, new QB, all-pro MLB out injured, etc. etc.,"insert never ending string of excuses in here", etc.

The Broncos will hands down be a better team that Seattle this year. The only reason that Seattle MAY have any shot at all of the playoffs is because of the free-pass to the divsion title (though that being said, the 49ers will probably win the division).

I see the Broncos winning the superbowl either this year or next. Write it down.

You cant guarantee they wont win, that is absurd (unless you have plans for blowing up the team plane on the way to the superbowl to prevent it). Even Oakland and Detroit can potentially win it in the next two years - ah who am I kidding, those two definitely cant.

It would be a very risky PBC for me as there are always random occurances such as injuries and deaths that can hamper a teams run at a superbowl at an inconvienient time.

I would propose however, as a lifetime PBC, that Denver will get closer to a superbowl in the next two years than either Seattle or the Patsies (provided a seahawk fan and yourself would be willing to take up the challenge). We can work out the exact details if you want in (while most of this is confidence, there is also a small degree of uncontrollable gambling addict in there somewhere as well).
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 pm

Timbathia wrote:I would propose however, as a lifetime PBC, that Denver will get closer to a superbowl in the next two years than either Seattle or the Patsies (provided a seahawk fan and yourself would be willing to take up the challenge). We can work out the exact details if you want in (while most of this is confidence, there is also a small degree of uncontrollable gambling addict in there somewhere as well).

Im in. Only if its the loser sports the pbc and the other 2 are safe though. Sorry bud, but the Broncos are going downhill, and will be lucky even to make the playoffs within the next 2 years. The Pats and Hawks will likely both be in the SB or at least come close within the next 2 years, at the very least. If this is you're gambling addict side, I suspect you lose a lot. :-b
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Timbathia » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm

eman wrote:
Timbathia wrote:I would propose however, as a lifetime PBC, that Denver will get closer to a superbowl in the next two years than either Seattle or the Patsies (provided a seahawk fan and yourself would be willing to take up the challenge). We can work out the exact details if you want in (while most of this is confidence, there is also a small degree of uncontrollable gambling addict in there somewhere as well).

Im in. Only if its the loser sports the pbc and the other 2 are safe though. Sorry bud, but the Broncos are going downhill, and will be lucky even to make the playoffs within the next 2 years. The Pats and Hawks will likely both be in the SB or at least come close within the next 2 years, at the very least. If this is you're gambling addict side, I suspect you lose a lot. :-b

Agree to those terms if Rockets agrees. Seahawks had their chance two years ago and stuffed it up. I think you might find it is them who start struggling in their division pretty soon.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Timbathia wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Timbathia wrote:
fantasizing wrote:

You cant guarantee they wont win, that is absurd (unless you have plans for blowing up the team plane on the way to the superbowl to prevent it). Even Oakland and Detroit can potentially win it in the next two years - ah who am I kidding, those two definitely cant.

It would be a very risky PBC for me as there are always random occurances such as injuries and deaths that can hamper a teams run at a superbowl at an inconvienient time.

I would propose however, as a lifetime PBC, that Denver will get closer to a superbowl in the next two years than either Seattle or the Patsies (provided a seahawk fan and yourself would be willing to take up the challenge). We can work out the exact details if you want in (while most of this is confidence, there is also a small degree of uncontrollable gambling addict in there somewhere as well).

Lifetime PBC, I may be crazy, but not stupid. I don't gamble, even if it's only a avatar. If you ask me the AFC West is a weak division.

Oakland - No explanation there
Kansas City - Do you really think Huard is the Answer?
San Diego - Marty's gone. I don't think they will tumble far but Norv Turner? LOL
Denver - The only team with any upside. IMO. Young QB. Good Def.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Timbathia wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Timbathia wrote:
fantasizing wrote:

So essentially you are backing down from your original statement....
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Timbathia » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:16 pm

Not taking a lifetime pbc on it doesnt mean I am backing away from it at all. I said I see the Broncos winning superbowl in the next two years. I wont guarantee it, but I believe they are a damn good chance.......much better than the Patsies or Seahawks, and most other teams in the NFL (certainly a better chance than about all NFC teams).
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jdogg_ffc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:23 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Timbathia wrote:
fantasizing wrote:

Im in!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait as a Lion fan I already have a lifetime PB
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk