Jets sign Kenyon Coleman... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Jets sign Kenyon Coleman...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets sign Kenyon Coleman...

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:44 pm

Kenyon Coleman-DL- Jets Mar. 6 - 4:40 pm et

Jets signed DE Keyon Coleman.

Bill Parcells probably gave his buddies in the New York organization a good review of Coleman, who had four sacks last season as a reserve.

He's 6'5" and weighs 285 lbs. He will probably rotate at DE with Kimo Van Olhaffen. Good size for a 3-4 defensive end.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:52 pm

Jets Sign Kenyon Coleman
Published: 03-06-07

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

change font email article
The New York Jets announced today the signing of defensive end Kenyon Coleman to a contract. The announcement was made by Jets’ General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

“Kenyon Coleman is a physical defensive lineman and we like his size and strength up front,” Tannenbaum said. “He has experience playing the 3-4 defense and we’re looking forward to having him be a part of our organization.”

Coleman, going into his sixth season in the NFL, played in all 16 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2006, registering four sacks and batting down two passes while recording 31 tackles.

"Kenyon Coleman is a smart, tough and dedicated football player who has proven to be a valuable contributor to a similar defensive system,” said Head Coach Eric Mangini. “His experience and his leadership will add to the depth of our team. Kenyon will have an opportunity to compete for a starting position and contribute to the team, and I look forward to him being a part of the New York Jets."

Coleman, originally a fifth-round draft selection (147th overall) of the Oakland Raiders in the 2002 draft out of UCLA, played four seasons for the Cowboys after spending his rookie season with the Raiders.

“I’m excited to be a part of the New York Jets organization,” Coleman said. “I am looking forward to the opportunity to play for Coach Mangini and help the team in any way I can.”
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gang green51 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:35 pm

He adds depth and will definitley compete to start! I like this signing. Experience with 3-4 --bonus!
Thanks for post Killians.
Clean your shot glass Dawinner !

GO JETS
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm

gang green51 wrote:He adds depth and will definitley compete to start! I like this signing. Experience with 3-4 --bonus!
Thanks for post Killians.
Clean your shot glass Dawinner !

GO JETS

Lmao. After the Jets loss to the Pats in the playoffs, I went home from the game and cleaned it and put it on my shelf in my room, just to wait for the first shot of the '07 - '08 season.

I love this signing. Thanks for the news Kill.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:50 am

Buffalo to blame for Coleman high contract...

KENYON CLEANS UP

A league source tells us that defensive end Kenyon Coleman, who signed with the Jets on Tuesday, will receive $20.5 million over the life of the deal, with $7 million in guaranteed money. It is, we're told, a five-year contract.

It's in essence a Chris Kelsay contract. Kelsay, with 12.5 career sacks, got $13 million guaranteed from the Bills to stay put. Coleman has 6.5 career sacks.

Sure, it's merely a reflection of the current market. But when those guys who are profiting from the current market are elbow-to-elbow with guys who are working under deals made in a far different market, there will be trouble.

And although Giants defensive end Michael Strahan is on the back end of his prime, at best, how is he feeling about a contract that will pay him $4 million in non-guaranteed salary in 2007, and another non-guaranteed $4 million in 2008?

With 132.5 sacks, Strahan would surely love to get in line for a Chris Kelsay contract right now.
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to New York Jets