Old Items - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Any Given Dynasty

Old Items

Moderators: stomperrob, thriftyrocker

Re: Who is coming back for 2010

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:No problem here. A portion of your team helped me win it last year. ;-D

I really had a nice team in place, so even though I left at least my team wasn't complete crap. Not sure which guys you picked, I'll have to go and check, I was just lacking tons of depth but viewing starters I was pretty set. I think I was starting 2 RB's and 3 WR's all season and missing 1 flex position every week though :,-(

I have your team strip searched for possible trades in no time. Maybe thats a bad idea given they are men but you get the point. ;-D

Which team is that? The team i did own, or the team I picked up? I'm probably gonna make a million trades(or at least offers sent out) before the season lol.

I kinda like the idea of 2 RB's, 3 WR's and a flex. I'm just curious(as I've already pm'd stomper about this), if we go with 10 teams, what's the likely way to handle the 2 odd teams out and the players on them? One big raffle draft where we shuffle order like a FA draft or what? Not really sure.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 am

...and welcome thriftyrocker who's taking over houstonherd's team! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:21 am

LS2throwed wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:No problem here. A portion of your team helped me win it last year. ;-D

I really had a nice team in place, so even though I left at least my team wasn't complete crap. Not sure which guys you picked, I'll have to go and check, I was just lacking tons of depth but viewing starters I was pretty set. I think I was starting 2 RB's and 3 WR's all season and missing 1 flex position every week though :,-(

I have your team strip searched for possible trades in no time. Maybe thats a bad idea given they are men but you get the point. ;-D

Which team is that? The team i did own, or the team I picked up? I'm probably gonna make a million trades(or at least offers sent out) before the season lol.

I kinda like the idea of 2 RB's, 3 WR's and a flex. I'm just curious(as I've already pm'd stomper about this), if we go with 10 teams, what's the likely way to handle the 2 odd teams out and the players on them? One big raffle draft where we shuffle order like a FA draft or what? Not really sure.

Welcome aboard - 2 remaining teams will be dumped into the FA pool unless by some stroke of magic a couple more interested owners show up, but we really can't wait given that we have a 5 round draft to complete!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:24 am

Sup broz. Officially taking offers from LS2 for Nicks. J/k ;-D

Looks like it's going to be a crazy draft with the contraction players.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:27 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Sup broz. Officially taking offers from LS2 for Nicks. J/k ;-D

Looks like it's going to be a crazy draft with the contraction players.

Yeh, there's a couple teams that need some help desperately, so it's nice to have some FA's that can help right away. With 34 man rosters the pickin's have been pretty lean both in the draft and for mid-season replacements, so it should work out well!
stomperrob

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:30 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Sup broz. Officially taking offers from LS2 for Nicks. J/k ;-D

lol you bastard :-D but while you have jokes, i will gladly send u an offer, but dont expect anything generous since my depth sucks here. but when Nicks explodes for 2300 yards and 27 TD's I'll see who gets the last laugh :-b B-)
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 am

LS2throwed wrote:I really had a nice team in place, so even though I left at least my team wasn't complete crap. Not sure which guys you picked, I'll have to go and check, I was just lacking tons of depth but viewing starters I was pretty set. I think I was starting 2 RB's and 3 WR's all season and missing 1 flex position every week though :,-(

I kinda like the idea of 2 RB's, 3 WR's and a flex. I'm just curious(as I've already pm'd stomper about this), if we go with 10 teams, what's the likely way to handle the 2 odd teams out and the players on them? One big raffle draft where we shuffle order like a
FA draft or what? Not really sure.

I think you had AD as one.

I looked over your team and its stacked pretty good. You should contend right off the bat

After a trade I have finalized with aaawall and another possibility I should be on your level. The team to beat is aaawalls though. His team is very strong and tons of depth.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 am

I don't think we should wait to try and fill the last 2 teams given the number of leagues that have gone begging this year. And Killian's team has really only 1 starting RB and not much in the way of decent WR's, so I could foresee us filling in another team and then being stuck with 11 teams and no one wanting the last team.

Now we need everyone to sign up on Flea ASAP.

;-D ;-D
stomperrob

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:41 am

Aaawall's team has been ridiculous in this league for 2 years now, shit is crazy lol....You'd probably have to get lucky to beat him next year and hope he has that shitty week and you have the awesome week in the playoffs.

i have a few trades floating out there now, and there is also 5-7 pretty good players that are starting caliber who'll be mixed in the 1st round that should help out some of the lower ranked teams right away also.

I say let's get this draft rolling asap, just to make sure all the kinks are ironed out.

edit: just noticed this league isn't ppr, you guys suck :-D :-)
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
stomperrob wrote:I'm thinkin' I'm not gonna wait long for the missing members to check in - even though PM's weren't sent out until recently, I think it's incumbent on league members to check in at this time of year of their own volition if they plan on returning!

I think you must do what you must do. The risk of waiting is no league this year.

Thanks for taking everything over. ;-D

No prob, but better save the thanks, I could still find a way to screw this up, lol! ;-) :-b
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Any Given Dynasty