Old Items - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Any Given Dynasty

Old Items

Moderators: stomperrob, thriftyrocker

Re: Who is coming back for 2010

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Everyone is signed on to Flea, so can we get a Round 1 topic started and PM Tye he can pick?

I'll get that set up this aft! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Poll - Waiver wire process

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:25 pm

What a stupid f*** was i....
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:28 am

FantasySportsMaven wrote:What a stupid f*** was i....

Yes, but can you elaborate?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:40 am

aaawall91 wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:What a stupid f*** was i....

Yes, but can you elaborate?

Sure, by voting for blind bid i just took away an advantage that i had earned by having such a crappy team last year. All i did was make it harder for me to improve my team versus those of you with superior ones.
And now i find out i can't even use my points to try and secure a trade. Dumb, just plain dumb am i.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:15 pm

I mean, not really, you still have the exact same shot at all players. If your willing to pay enough.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Blind bidding is def the clear winner! ;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

League Announcement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 pm

After countless hours of having to hear Fantasy Sports "Cave In" complain about not having a good team and threatening to drop it the commissioners made a decision to do it for him/her.

FSM is no longer in the league. Hold a party, drink a beer, scream "YEEEESSSSS" at the top of your lungs. Whatever you please.

If you know of anyone who wants to take over a decent team please don't hesitate to let us know. Until then we will post in Cafeholics to find a replacement. In one is not found we will set the best lineup we can for that team. I am playing that team this week so Stomper or aaawall91 will set the lineup.

Sorry we waited so long. We had some discussions about it and he/she was gone at the end of the year anyway. This is meant to be fun and we can now begin the fun with "Cave In" gone. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: League Announcement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Just realized this thanks to Scott

According to the league rules, we can't fill the owner position during the season.

"1. If an Owner leaves during the year, we will finish the year out without that team having a owner, and we will find a replacement for that owner the following year (Pre-rook draft, Post-declaring replacements)."

We should probably get a vote on this to either set the lineup for the year or find a replacement. I'm fine with it either way. The team will be tougher to beat with better eyes on it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

WW $ for vacant team

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:06 pm

If we do go a replacement owner right away, we need to decide about whether to restore some WW$ to the team as it currently has $0 left - I'm thinkin' the team will be a tough sell without some money to play with. I realize we need to decide whether we're even gonna replace the owner first, but in the interest of timeliness I didn't wanna wait around for the results of the other poll and then wait again for the results of this one, so lets do 'em both at once.

Personally I like the idea of giving the team $50 to play with, but it's up to the owners.
stomperrob

Re: League Announcement

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:After countless hours of having to hear Fantasy Sports "Cave In" complain about not having a good team and threatening to drop it the commissioners made a decision to do it for him/her.

FSM is no longer in the league. Hold a party, drink a beer, scream "YEEEESSSSS" at the top of your lungs. Whatever you please.

If you know of anyone who wants to take over a decent team please don't hesitate to let us know. Until then we will post in Cafeholics to find a replacement. In one is not found we will set the best lineup we can for that team. I am playing that team this week so Stomper or aaawall91 will set the lineup.

Sorry we waited so long. We had some discussions about it and he/she was gone at the end of the year anyway. This is meant to be fun and we can now begin the fun with "Cave In" gone. ;-D

:-D
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Any Given Dynasty