Falcons sign Joe Horn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Falcons sign Joe Horn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Joe is 35 and on his last legs and cant stay healthy...how is that a good signing? They should have went after a guy like Kevin Curtis or even Stallworth.

Curtis could have been a good signing, but Stallworth? He hasn't started all 16 games in his career. I don't know why the Falcons or any team would take a risk on him and sign him and guarantee him tons of money.

I know this might be a lot of time he missed, but in his last 3 seasons Horn played in 39 out of 48 games and he started 38 of this 39 games in his last 3 seasons. I think this signing also proves whether or not its Vick who is garbage or the ATL WR's who are garbage.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:27 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Joe is 35 and on his last legs and cant stay healthy...how is that a good signing? They should have went after a guy like Kevin Curtis or even Stallworth.

Curtis could have been a good signing, but Stallworth? He hasn't started all 16 games in his career. I don't know why the Falcons or any team would take a risk on him and sign him and guarantee him tons of money.

I know this might be a lot of time he missed, but in his last 3 seasons Horn played in 39 out of 48 games and he started 38 of this 39 games in his last 3 seasons. I think this signing also proves whether or not its Vick who is garbage or the ATL WR's who are garbage.

One WR is going to determine if Vick is trash or not? Really? And that WR is 35 as well?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:31 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

One WR is going to determine if Vick is trash or not? Really? And that WR is 35 as well?

Horn is at least a proven talent when healthy. If Vick can't do anything with him it would just prove that it wasn't entirely his WRs fault for him not being a very good QB.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:39 pm

mikus wrote:(P.S. Yes, I am a bitter Saints' fan ... not mad at the Saints, mad at Joe for not trying to help the team by taking a pay cut ... but that is another discussion for another time)

Sorry, but this is a pretty bogus perspective. Horn languished away with the Saints as the best player on a bad team for YEARS. Then, as soon as the Saints actually have a decent team, they show no loyalty to Horn and cut him in favor of cheaper options. The NFL is a business, but if there's reason to be mad at anyone, it's the Saints, not Joe Horn. Joe Horn did more for the Saints than the Saints ever did for Joe Horn.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Horn was brought in over other wide outs I'm assuming to give the young corps in ATL some help as a veteran and help develop the young guys while he's there.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:59 pm

FF Newbie wrote:
mikus wrote:(P.S. Yes, I am a bitter Saints' fan ... not mad at the Saints, mad at Joe for not trying to help the team by taking a pay cut ... but that is another discussion for another time)

Sorry, but this is a pretty bogus perspective. Horn languished away with the Saints as the best player on a bad team for YEARS. Then, as soon as the Saints actually have a decent team, they show no loyalty to Horn and cut him in favor of cheaper options. The NFL is a business, but if there's reason to be mad at anyone, it's the Saints, not Joe Horn. Joe Horn did more for the Saints than the Saints ever did for Joe Horn.

COMPLETELY AGREE ;-D ;-D ;-D The Saints just didn't want to pay Joe what he deserved and they showed him no love for all he has done for that team AND the community
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:00 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Horn was brought in over other wide outs I'm assuming to give the young corps in ATL some help as a veteran and help develop the young guys while he's there.

Yea....does anyone honestly think that bringing in someone who causes as many problems as Stallworth would have helped anything at all? Horn was a good signing to give them what they needed I think. A solid WR who still has some left in the tank in my opinion and someone who can bring some leadership to that receiving corps.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:22 pm

mattb47 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Horn was brought in over other wide outs I'm assuming to give the young corps in ATL some help as a veteran and help develop the young guys while he's there.

Yea....does anyone honestly think that bringing in someone who causes as many problems as Stallworth would have helped anything at all? Horn was a good signing to give them what they needed I think. A solid WR who still has some left in the tank in my opinion and someone who can bring some leadership to that receiving corps.

What problems does Stallworth cause? He was nothing but a class act this year with the Eagles, and while his hammies are way too sensitive and sideline him often, he is an impact player when he's in the game.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Humpback » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:24 pm

Horn has plenty left in the tank. He had a 3 game stretch last year where he had a combined 329 yds. and 4 TDs. Staying healthy is a major concern, but if he can, he has plenty left. As long as they didn't break the bank for him, it should be a very good signing. He can be their #1 WR for a year or two, while mentoring the younger WRs.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby logan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:24 pm

mattb47 wrote:

another reason i don't see the love of kevin curtis. sure the guy has shown flashes in the past but that isn't exactly hard to do when you play as a third and sometimes second receiver that has a probowl wideout in holt , a former pro bowl wideout in bruce, a probowl QB in bulger and a pro bowl back in steven jackson all on the field with you. there is no telling what the guy is going to do on his own and i'm not sure ATL would have been a good fit for him.

just as much risk involved in horn as there would be curtis or stallworth far as i can see.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk