Falcons sign Joe Horn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Falcons sign Joe Horn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm

maddog60 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Horn was brought in over other wide outs I'm assuming to give the young corps in ATL some help as a veteran and help develop the young guys while he's there.


Yea....does anyone honestly think that bringing in someone who causes as many problems as Stallworth would have helped anything at all? Horn was a good signing to give them what they needed I think. A solid WR who still has some left in the tank in my opinion and someone who can bring some leadership to that receiving corps.


What problems does Stallworth cause? He was nothing but a class act this year with the Eagles, and while his hammies are way too sensitive and sideline him often, he is an impact player when he's in the game.


He just has attitude issues and bringing him into a place like Atlanta where the passing game struggles is asking for problems. Why do you think he was dealt to Philly in the first place? Payton was cleaning house by getting rid of the problem players and anyone with attitude problems. Why wont teams touch him now even though he's probably the most talented WR available? He has injury and attitude problems.

Curtis has never really shown he has what it takes to be a true #1 WR and so who knows what he would do with no other great receiving options on that team. Horn has been a real good #1 in the past, has good hands, and brings leadership, overall good signing in my opinion.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:46 pm

mattb47 wrote:He just has attitude issues and bringing him into a place like Atlanta where the passing game struggles is asking for problems. Why do you think he was dealt to Philly in the first place? Payton was cleaning house by getting rid of the problem players and anyone with attitude problems. Why wont teams touch him now even though he's probably the most talented WR available? He has injury and attitude problems.


I'm not trying to be difficult, but what attitude issues? I'm really just wanting to know anything specific, link to an incident maybe, etc. I didnt pay the closest attention to every detail while he was in NO, but he showed no attitude problems this past year.

As for why he was dealt to Philly, I imagine a combination of his injury history, Colston's obvious talents, and the fact that they got a 4th rounder (became 3rd if the Birds resigned Stallworth) plus a guy who started 16 games at MLB for them (a position of great need) had a lot to do with that. Sure if he had attitude problems, that would've likely played in, but there was enough reason even if he was a model teammate.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:49 pm

maddog60 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:He just has attitude issues and bringing him into a place like Atlanta where the passing game struggles is asking for problems. Why do you think he was dealt to Philly in the first place? Payton was cleaning house by getting rid of the problem players and anyone with attitude problems. Why wont teams touch him now even though he's probably the most talented WR available? He has injury and attitude problems.


I'm not trying to be difficult, but what attitude issues? I'm really just wanting to know anything specific, link to an incident maybe, etc. I didnt pay the closest attention to every detail while he was in NO, but he showed no attitude problems this past year.

As for why he was dealt to Philly, I imagine a combination of his injury history, Colston's obvious talents, and the fact that they got a 4th rounder (became 3rd if the Birds resigned Stallworth) plus a guy who started 16 games at MLB for them (a position of great need) had a lot to do with that. Sure if he had attitude problems, that would've likely played in, but there was enough reason even if he was a model teammate.


Quite honestly, I don't really care enough to dig up anything but my memory usually doesn't fail me too much and from the reports I heard from New Orleans was he just had attitude problems and it was one of the big reasons he was dealt. Also consider that he's now in rehab for whatever reason and you can see what is likely a symptom of the underlying problems with him.

Sorry for getting this thread off track. This is about Horn and not Stallworth.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Curtis could have been a good signing, but Stallworth? He hasn't started all 16 games in his career. I don't know why the Falcons or any team would take a risk on him and sign him and guarantee him tons of money.


I've seen this bandied about here lately, and I highly suggest that people actually look at the stats before popping off. He played in all 16 games in 2004 and 2005.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:26 pm

yeah, but people forgot since he didn't have a huge season then. Selective memory. Anyway, I don't think the WRs are all the problem. Half the problem is that Vick doesn't throw a catchable ball. Even when it's on target it's way way too fast. That said, some of the drops last year were inexcusable. Good for Atlanta. They also signed Eric Johnson, TE of SF.
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroo ... cleid=3351
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:56 pm

skibrett15 wrote:yeah, but people forgot since he didn't have a huge season then. Selective memory. Anyway, I don't think the WRs are all the problem. Half the problem is that Vick doesn't throw a catchable ball. Even when it's on target it's way way too fast. That said, some of the drops last year were inexcusable. Good for Atlanta. They also signed Eric Johnson, TE of SF.
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroo ... cleid=3351


actully its the saints who signed Johnson not the Falcons ;-D
Image
Image
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3404
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gone

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:00 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Curtis could have been a good signing, but Stallworth? He hasn't started all 16 games in his career. I don't know why the Falcons or any team would take a risk on him and sign him and guarantee him tons of money.


I've seen this bandied about here lately, and I highly suggest that people actually look at the stats before popping off. He played in all 16 games in 2004 and 2005.


I actually did look at the stats, so don't get on my case. Where did I ever state that Stallworth didn't play all 16 games in 2004 and 2005? Exactly, I didn't. I stated that he didn't start all 16 games. That means he could have been in for 1 or 2 plays before his hammies giving in on him. I really wouldn't want that from a WR that I am paying big bucks for to only be in on 1 or 2 plays and especially not to start a game.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6204
(Past Year: 68)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Curtis could have been a good signing, but Stallworth? He hasn't started all 16 games in his career. I don't know why the Falcons or any team would take a risk on him and sign him and guarantee him tons of money.


I've seen this bandied about here lately, and I highly suggest that people actually look at the stats before popping off. He played in all 16 games in 2004 and 2005.


I actually did look at the stats, so don't get on my case. Where did I ever state that Stallworth didn't play all 16 games in 2004 and 2005? Exactly, I didn't. I stated that he didn't start all 16 games. That means he could have been in for 1 or 2 plays before his hammies giving in on him. I really wouldn't want that from a WR that I am paying big bucks for to only be in on 1 or 2 plays and especially not to start a game.


look again, he missed at least one game in each of those years: 11/7/04, and 9/25/06 ( i might get him credit for 9/25/06... we hurt him on the opening drive... and by we I mean the vikes. I've had him on my team every year and he has gotten on that injury report EVERY YEAR. I will give him credit, he plays through pain a lot... but you never know when he'll come out of a game... and that sucks... he is an injury risk... NO QUESTION ABOUT IT
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mrblitz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:31 pm

I guess it was a decent signing. However, IMO Jerry Rice wouldn't do well in Atlanta, not with Vick throwing him the ball. JMO Schaub, could be a different story however. ;-D
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:45 pm

treat24 wrote:COMPLETELY AGREE ;-D ;-D ;-D The Saints just didn't want to pay Joe what he deserved and they showed him no love for all he has done for that team AND the community


Did he deserve $5.5 million??? No. Did the Saints try to keep him? Yes. Did he offer to re-structure his contact? No. If Joe Horn wanted to stay in New Orleans, he could have. He chose to leave.
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:29 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact