Falcons sign Joe Horn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Falcons sign Joe Horn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:46 pm

mikus wrote:
treat24 wrote:COMPLETELY AGREE ;-D ;-D ;-D The Saints just didn't want to pay Joe what he deserved and they showed him no love for all he has done for that team AND the community

Did he deserve $5.5 million??? No. Did the Saints try to keep him? Yes. Did he offer to re-structure his contact? No. If Joe Horn wanted to stay in New Orleans, he could have. He chose to leave.

if graham deserves 30 mil ... then yes... horn deserved it
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:49 pm

treat24 wrote:
mikus wrote:
treat24 wrote:COMPLETELY AGREE ;-D ;-D ;-D The Saints just didn't want to pay Joe what he deserved and they showed him no love for all he has done for that team AND the community

Did he deserve $5.5 million??? No. Did the Saints try to keep him? Yes. Did he offer to re-structure his contact? No. If Joe Horn wanted to stay in New Orleans, he could have. He chose to leave.

I never said anything about Graham.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 pm

whodey#9 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:yeah, but people forgot since he didn't have a huge season then. Selective memory. Anyway, I don't think the WRs are all the problem. Half the problem is that Vick doesn't throw a catchable ball. Even when it's on target it's way way too fast. That said, some of the drops last year were inexcusable. Good for Atlanta. They also signed Eric Johnson, TE of SF.
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroo ... cleid=3351

actully its the saints who signed Johnson not the Falcons ;-D

Oh yeah, well I knew it had something to do with the two teams involved with Horn.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:05 pm

mikus wrote:
treat24 wrote:
mikus wrote:

I never said anything about Graham.

i know... i'm just comparing the two...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby sammyj1404 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 pm

this will definitely be a good test to find out if vick can play qb in the nfl. horn is a sweet wr and if vick can't utilize him well, he needs to move over for schaub
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:11 pm

And so ends Joe Horn's relevance as a fantasy wide receiver. He may make for a good veteran presence around Jenkins, White, et. al, and he still has a couple of years left in the tank, but who, in the immortal words of MeShawn Johnson, is going to throw him the damn ball?

Vick. That's who. At Horn's feet. If he's lucky.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:And so ends Joe Horn's relevance as a fantasy wide receiver. He may make for a good veteran presence around Jenkins, White, et. al, and he still has a couple of years left in the tank, but who, in the immortal words of MeShawn Johnson, is going to throw him the damn ball?

Vick. That's who. At Horn's feet. If he's lucky.

Haha, one of the better posts I have read on this board. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 pm

The only reason I particularly care for this signing is that Vick will finally be without excuses. Its easy to tell he's the chief contributor to their lacking passing attack, and finally he won't have cover to hide under when they're shut down by good teams for being so one dimensional.

I fully expect Horn to follow the pattern of every good WR that's gone to Vick's passing abyss, to fade away.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lsufan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am

Im a Saints fan and Im not bitter that horn plays for the falcons now. He should get what he can get. His NFL future is limited(very limited with vick). He should get the most money he can get. I would like to see him retire as a saint but his ego would never let him agree to a pay cut. People get paid for performance. He just hasn't got the job done lately. The young guys are getting it done. What message would a new coach give his team paying horn what he wants. Horn may get the job done in Atlanta but I wouldn't bet my fantasy team on it.
Last edited by lsufan on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FF Newbie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:35 am

lsufan wrote:I agree with Mikus. Im a Saints fan and Im not bitter that horn plays for the falcons now.

Apparently, you don't agree with Mikus because Mikus is "mad at Joe for not trying to help the team by taking a pay cut."
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk