Jamal Lewis to Browns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis to Browns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby robnestrick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Two power backs would punish the defense and AP has enough speed to pop a big one. Normally the defenses wear down by the fourth.. with both J-Lewis and AP going at them, they may not come back after half-time :)
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:14 pm

robnestrick wrote:Two power backs would punish the defense and AP has enough speed to pop a big one. Normally the defenses wear down by the fourth.. with both J-Lewis and AP going at them, they may not come back after half-time :)

thats my thinking too... just saying it doesnt seem like nfl teams think like us :-?
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby robnestrick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:16 pm

The problem is that you're not giving a defense different looks to catch them off guard. It would be pretty easy to defense and you might be out of the game by the second half if the defense shuts down the power running game. I think that would be there thinking, but with the right defense, it could work.
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Also consider that Jamal is not the kind of back that can be used sparingly and would be successful. He's the kind of back that gets better as the game goes on with continued use, so using him in a committee type approach probably wouldn't yield the greatest results.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:22 pm

robnestrick wrote:The problem is that you're not giving a defense different looks to catch them off guard. It would be pretty easy to defense and you might be out of the game by the second half if the defense shuts down the power running game. I think that would be there thinking, but with the right defense, it could work.

right. and that doesnt really fit in with the division. Cincy has a high power O that would outscore a power run game (I hope). And Pit and Bal both have really good run Ds
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:24 pm

mattb47 wrote:Also consider that Jamal is not the kind of back that can be used sparingly and would be successful. He's the kind of back that gets better as the game goes on with continued use, so using him in a committee type approach probably wouldn't yield the greatest results.

Yeah I didnt think about that. BUT does he look better later in the game because he got better OR because the D got tired and beat up?

prolly a little of both, so that does factor in to them drafting AP
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrblitz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:33 pm

Browns, along with the 49er's get two big thumbs up thus far in the offseason. Jamal should be a major upgrade at rb. And as far as a qb goes, IMO Derrick Anderson should start.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 pm

As a Browns Fan I'm not nuts about this signing, but it is what it is so...

I think it's highly unlikely that Cleveland would take Peterson with Droughns and now J-Lew both on the roster. He's not so much of a slam dunk can't-miss pick that they'd go RB here.

My hope is that Cleveland will hang onto the third pick and draft either Thomas or Johnson. Unless someone makes an incredibly sweet offer I don't see the sense in passing on either of those talents. I don't feel the same way about Quinn or Russell, but assuming the Raiders go QB either Thomas and/or Johnson will be available at 3.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 pm

mrblitz wrote:Browns, along with the 49er's get two big thumbs up thus far in the offseason. Jamal should be a major upgrade at rb. And as far as a qb goes, IMO Derrick Anderson should start.

I think Crennel is gonna give him a chance to win the starting job.
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:As a Browns Fan I'm not nuts about this signing, but it is what it is so...

I think it's highly unlikely that Cleveland would take Peterson with Droughns and now J-Lew both on the roster. He's not so much of a slam dunk can't-miss pick that they'd go RB here.

My hope is that Cleveland will hang onto the third pick and draft either Thomas or Johnson. Unless someone makes an incredibly sweet offer I don't see the sense in passing on either of those talents. I don't feel the same way about Quinn or Russell, but assuming the Raiders go QB either Thomas and/or Johnson will be available at 3.

I gotta agree here. I'm not quite sure what to think of this yet, my initial reaction is I don't like it.

I suppose my hope now is for Thomas or Johnson.

Maybe a big D lineman...
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk