Jamal Lewis to Browns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis to Browns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:16 pm

oh no, the rumors came true :-o

man...this one is a tough one to swallow. better the browns than the steelers though. :-B i guess the browns got tired of jamal beating them up all these years so they figured they better get him on their team ;-D

not really sure why they wanted him...i personally think droughns is a pretty talented back. anyways, i wish him well and hope he is a beast there once again (except those 2 weeks a year against us).
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:As a Browns Fan I'm not nuts about this signing, but it is what it is so...

I think it's highly unlikely that Cleveland would take Peterson with Droughns and now J-Lew both on the roster. He's not so much of a slam dunk can't-miss pick that they'd go RB here.

My hope is that Cleveland will hang onto the third pick and draft either Thomas or Johnson. Unless someone makes an incredibly sweet offer I don't see the sense in passing on either of those talents. I don't feel the same way about Quinn or Russell, but assuming the Raiders go QB either Thomas and/or Johnson will be available at 3.

I gotta agree here. I'm not quite sure what to think of this yet, my initial reaction is I don't like it.

I suppose my hope now is for Thomas or Johnson.

Maybe a big D lineman...

If they're thinking D-Line they might as well trade down. I think taking a defensive player at 3 in this draft is reaching.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:58 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:oh no, the rumors came true :-o

man...this one is a tough one to swallow. better the browns than the steelers though. :-B i guess the browns got tired of jamal beating them up all these years so they figured they better get him on their team ;-D

not really sure why they wanted him...i personally think droughns is a pretty talented back. anyways, i wish him well and hope he is a beast there once again (except those 2 weeks a year against us).

It might be time for you to make me a new sig...J-Lew style! ;-) :-b

This signing probably means they wont give Droughns his 1.9 million dollar roster bonus next week which means he would become a free agent... It will definately be interesting to whats going on with this upcoming draft. Calvin Johnson now looks even better. J-Lew in the backfield, with Edwards, CJ, and Winslow...Thats pretty sick, IMO. But who knows, I feel the Browns are now leaning either Joe Thomas or Quinn right now
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:03 am

It's kind of a surprising signing for me.

Hey, in Cleveland they can call him and Droughns "Thunder and...Thunder" :-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:04 am

J2thez929 wrote:It might be time for you to make me a new sig...J-Lew style! ;-) :-b

i know...its not a good feeling having one of my favorite players on the enemy's side now :~( i have probably about 30 sigs i have made of jlew, along with countless memorabilia such as authentic jerseys and such :-o !+)

id have a hard time making a sig of my boy in a browns uni, but for you i would make an exception :-B

of course i will secretly be rooting for him to demolish teams this year and run for another 2k, as long as the browns dont win our division
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:12 am

J2thez929 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:oh no, the rumors came true :-o

It might be time for you to make me a new sig...J-Lew style! ;-) :-b

This signing probably means they wont give Droughns his 1.9 million dollar roster bonus next week which means he would become a free agent... It will definately be interesting to whats going on with this upcoming draft. Calvin Johnson now looks even better. J-Lew in the backfield, with Edwards, CJ, and Winslow...Thats pretty sick, IMO. But who knows, I feel the Browns are now leaning either Joe Thomas or Quinn right now

I wouldn't pack Reuben's bags just yet. That's not an exorbitant bonus to pay for a somewhat-proven back given J-Lew's recent injury troubles. If they do release Droughns, then the possibility of them taking Peterson goes up.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:27 am

After seeing the details of the deal (1 year) I think things will evolve as such...

Droughns stays with the team and moves to fullback, his oringal position.

Since it is for 1 year, Browns still Draft Peterson.

J Lew and Peterson do the Bush/McCallister thing for a year, and then Peterson is the man...
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 am

Jamal to the Browns, Ahman to the Texans...

Assuming Oakland doesn't take him, ADP could actually start falling now..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am

The Balanced Man wrote:After seeing the details of the deal (1 year) I think things will evolve as such...

Droughns stays with the team and moves to fullback, his oringal position.

Since it is for 1 year, Browns still Draft Peterson.

J Lew and Peterson do the Bush/McCallister thing for a year, and then Peterson is the man...

Thats a very likely senerio that I would be very very happy if it ended up like that. I guess we can't really go wrong with either CJ or AP...unless AP gets inj, ehh nevermind :-/
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:03 pm

Jamal Lewis should make a nice backup and change of pace for Adrian Peterson. Solid signing.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk