Jamal Lewis to Browns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis to Browns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm

That's crazyness! 8-o Lewis to the Browns...I thought inter-division trading was a no-no!

Obviously Lewis has the skill to do well Cleveland, but he is getting older and hasn't had a really good year since he ran all over his new team a few years ago. There's no way he takes all the snaps. You guys are probably right on that they will take Adrian Peterson and do a RBBC-type thing to ease him into the offense.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:48 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:That's crazyness! 8-o Lewis to the Browns...I thought inter-division trading was a no-no!

Obviously Lewis has the skill to do well Cleveland, but he is getting older and hasn't had a really good year since he ran all over his new team a few years ago. There's no way he takes all the snaps. You guys are probably right on that they will take Adrian Peterson and do a RBBC-type thing to ease him into the offense.

Well, in Lewis' defense, he played all this year with bone spurs and hasn't ever really had a healthy season since getting released from jail..but he is turning 28 this year and should be the healthiest he's been in quite a while. Do or die time for Jamal. If he doesn't shine this year, he'll be a backup in the NFL for the rest of his days.

I expect him to run very hard this year seeing as how he is only signed to a 1 year deal. However, whether or not he will ever regain his long speed is the real question. Stutter-stepping at the line only works if you have breakaway speed to bounce it to the outside..so Jamal needs to decide if he wants to start running over people rather then around them. I've never seen such a big back be so ineffective in goal-line/short yardage situations. With that said, I wouldn't really want to touch Jamal unless he was available in the later rounds.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:06 pm

I agree that with Lewis just signed for a year, he's just a stop-gap and they still draft Peterson for the long run and bring him along slowly this year.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Humpback » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:12 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:That's crazyness! 8-o Lewis to the Browns...I thought inter-division trading was a no-no!

Inter-division trading is, free agency signings are actually pretty frequent- they want to face their former teams twice per year! :-D
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby kyguy78 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Yeah, hurts AP's stock in re-draft leagues, but he's still worth a top pick in dynasty leagues.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk