Possible McGahee trade to Ravens? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Possible McGahee trade to Ravens?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Possible McGahee trade to Ravens?

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:45 pm

Profootballtalk and Sirius raidio are reporting that McGahee was/will be traded to the Ravens for a 2nd and 5th round pick. This is likely in response to Jamal Lewis signing with Cleveland.
Last edited by skibrett15 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McGahee Traded to Ravens?

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 pm

skibrett15 wrote:Profootballtalk and Sirius raidio are reporting that McGahee was/will be traded to the Ravens for a 2nd and 5th round pick. This is likely in response to Jamal Lewis signing with Cleveland.

ahh stop :-o every team in the AFC North but the bengals are getting better through FA :-o (well and the steelers, but they dont count)

FF wise this would give McGahee a good team to be on
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: McGahee Traded to Ravens?

Postby sammyj1404 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:00 pm

whodey#9 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:Profootballtalk and Sirius raidio are reporting that McGahee was/will be traded to the Ravens for a 2nd and 5th round pick. This is likely in response to Jamal Lewis signing with Cleveland.

ahh stop :-o every team in the AFC North but the bengals are getting better through FA :-o (well and the steelers, but they dont count)

FF wise this would give McGahee a good team to be on

yeah true that, the bengals haven't done jack this offseason
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:02 pm

This is more of a rumor, but apparently the Ravens are leading the way in the McGahee trade talks. Probably because they'd be overpaying if they gave up a 2nd and a 5th.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 pm

yeah... this is still more of a rumor... I hope it happens though... I like McGahee as a Raven

The poster should change the title... "traded" makes it sound like it's happened
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:14 pm

I think his fantasy stock will become a lot more valuable. Thank god I have him in 3 keeper leagues ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:19 pm

please god please ;-D

of course, even if we get him our OL is still in trouble. we released ed mulitalo today, who is an 8 year vet and close friend to ogden. wouldnt really surprise me to see ogden retire from it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:24 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:please god please ;-D

of course, even if we get him our OL is still in trouble. we released ed mulitalo today, who is an 8 year vet and close friend to ogden. wouldnt really surprise me to see ogden retire from it.

But look what McGahee did behind the pourus (sp) Buffalo OL. With a decent O-Line, he could become godly.. :-b
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:30 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:

But look what McGahee did behind the pourus (sp) Buffalo OL. With a decent O-Line, he could become godly.. :-b

Considering the Ratbirds' O-Line woes I really don't think a McGahee move to Baltimore would have that big an effect on his fantasy value. Might bump it a bit, but not as much as some will expect, meaning he could end up overvalued heading into '07 drafts.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Considering the Ratbirds' O-Line woes I really don't think a McGahee move to Baltimore would have that big an effect on his fantasy value. Might bump it a bit, but not as much as some will expect, meaning he could end up overvalued heading into '07 drafts.

If he did get moved though, I wouldn't mind taking him were Funtson (god I hate him) has him ranked at around 30th.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk