Possible McGahee trade to Ravens? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Possible McGahee trade to Ravens?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:48 pm

I'm pretty sure the Bills will need to sign a free agent RB or two before they make a deal like this.

Word is they spoke with Dominic Rhodes recently.. which is obviously a huge step down.. :-/
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigBadBrawler » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:23 am

bdrotoronto wrote:I'm pretty sure the Bills will need to sign a free agent RB or two before they make a deal like this.

Word is they spoke with Dominic Rhodes recently.. which is obviously a huge step down.. :-/

Just read on Fantasy Football Breakdown that the Bills just signed Chris Brown. This could be a step in that direction....
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby Kilroy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:45 am

BigBadBrawler wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:I'm pretty sure the Bills will need to sign a free agent RB or two before they make a deal like this.

Just read on Fantasy Football Breakdown that the Bills just signed Chris Brown. This could be a step in that direction....

If that's true (Brown visited Buffalo today), then I'd expect the deal to be announced in the next day or two.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:13 am

deluxe_247 wrote:please god please ;-D

of course, even if we get him our OL is still in trouble. we released ed mulitalo today, who is an 8 year vet and close friend to ogden. wouldnt really surprise me to see ogden retire from it.

Things just keep getting better and better out there, don't they bro? 8-o

In all honesty, if the Ravens can keep a semblance of continuity on the line and actually get McGahee, it's a big step in the right direction. I know how much you loved Jamal, but McGahee isn't exactly chopped liver. Should be a nice signing for you.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:40 am

As a Packer fan, I'd like to see the Packers at least TALK to Buffalo and see if they can get him at a good price.

But since McGahee is my keeper, I'd love to see him in an offense with a legit passing game. I don't think Willis has ever seen two deep safeties before. ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:37 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
BigBadBrawler wrote:

If that's true (Brown visited Buffalo today), then I'd expect the deal to be announced in the next day or two.

Cory Dillon is apparently meeting with the Bills now too. (first team he's met with) http://patriots.scout.com/2/624770.html

Not sure if Dillon could handle a full load anymore, but if the Bills could get some kind of combo like Dillon and Brown to split the load between them, they could probably get by with that for a season or two. The Bills really need to get at least 2 of the FA RB's that are out there to make this work though.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:54 am

Fantasy aside, if the Bills can get a 2nd and a 5th, they NEED to make this deal. The most I've heard they've been offered is a 3rd. They're digging a hole for themselves by entertaining all these FA backs as well...the whole leage knows they want to unload McGahee, and it's killing their leverage.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:50 pm

Well, they ended up getting a 3rd and a 7th, plus a 3rd next year. Not as good as a 2nd and a 5th, but still a good enough deal for a disgruntled player who would have walked anyways.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk