Rumor - Packers interested in trading for Betts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor - Packers interested in trading for Betts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rumor - Packers interested in trading for Betts

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:53 am

http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/ind ... emid=11347

Seems like Betts would be a good fit in GB. I doubt the Skins are going to give him up though.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:01 am

I disagree. The Skins Signed Betts in order to trade either him or Portis....
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:27 am

It would be nice to see Betts get the opportunity to start on a full-time basis. He showed he was a pretty capable starter for Washington down the stretch last season. Where would you draft him if he was dealt to Green Bay?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bigGAME101 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I disagree. The Skins Signed Betts in order to trade either him or Portis....

I agree, and for Betts, the deal was right to sign either way. Because Portis is making a boatload of cash and his injury history may concern some, Betts is a prime trading candidate. GB would benefit from having him - he's worth a third rounder methinks.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:41 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I disagree. The Skins Signed Betts in order to trade either him or Portis....

No I dont think they did. Gibbs seems to really like Betts and want to pair him with CP. The Skins balked when the Broncos asked for Betts in a deal for Bly.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:53 pm

terpfan wrote:

No I dont think they did. Gibbs seems to really like Betts and want to pair him with CP. The Skins balked when the Broncos asked for Betts in a deal for Bly.

What if they were offered a high 2nd rounder and high 7th rounder?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:01 pm

mikus wrote:It would be nice to see Betts get the opportunity to start on a full-time basis. He showed he was a pretty capable starter for Washington down the stretch last season. Where would you draft him if he was dealt to Green Bay?

If he was dealt to GB, I would probably place him early to mid-3rd. A starting RB who can run and pass is extremely valuable, but I would have to temper expectations as he hasn't carried a full load yet. Perhaps numbers comparable to Chester Taylor.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:03 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
mikus wrote:It would be nice to see Betts get the opportunity to start on a full-time basis. He showed he was a pretty capable starter for Washington down the stretch last season. Where would you draft him if he was dealt to Green Bay?

If he was dealt to GB, I would probably place him early to mid-3rd. A starting RB who can run and pass is extremely valuable, but I would have to temper expectations as he hasn't carried a full load yet. Perhaps numbers comparable to Chester Taylor.

He carried a lot more of a full load than Taylor did before he took over as a starter. I think Betts could carry the load, he did so for a good amount of the season last year on his way to running for over 1000 yards.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:13 pm

mattb47 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:

He carried a lot more of a full load than Taylor did before he took over as a starter. I think Betts could carry the load, he did so for a good amount of the season last year on his way to running for over 1000 yards.

He definitely did. I'm not trying to compare him to Taylor, because I think Betts could be a better feature back, but I think his numbers in Green Bay would be around the 1,250 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving, 6-8 TD range.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chris.carp » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 pm

I really dont want to see this happen because I am trying to make a deal with a guy in my 3 player keeper league that has only Alexander and Betts as his backs!
chris.carp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk