McGahee Officially Traded to Ravens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee Officially Traded to Ravens

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:05 pm

CC wrote:
moochman wrote:
Humpback wrote:Moochman, he got an extension, so he's not in a contract year anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if he was motivated, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he was a lazy pain in the a$$.

I'm really off my game of late, didnt' know about the extention. I don't think that lazyness will be allowed in the Raven lockerroom though. It's a pretty good environment for McGahee to be in: enough players there who will be on him if he gets out of line.

What will this do to Evans value I wonder? If they don't field a competent running game Lee could suffer greatly.

Lee Evans isn't even really reliable as a #1 WR on an NFL team, much less a #1 option. I think he will really fall off this year.

Did you pay attention to last year? Lee evans was easily a top 15 WR for fantasy purposes. Especially the playoffs. ~1300 yards and 8 TDs makes you a no. 1 fantasy option whether or not you're a good player. He's still a good player though and definitely a no. 1 option in the santana moss mold.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:32 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
CC wrote:
moochman wrote:
Humpback wrote:Moochman, he got an extension, so he's not in a contract year anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if he was motivated, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he was a lazy pain in the a$$.

I'm really off my game of late, didnt' know about the extention. I don't think that lazyness will be allowed in the Raven lockerroom though. It's a pretty good environment for McGahee to be in: enough players there who will be on him if he gets out of line.

What will this do to Evans value I wonder? If they don't field a competent running game Lee could suffer greatly.

Lee Evans isn't even really reliable as a #1 WR on an NFL team, much less a #1 option. I think he will really fall off this year.

Did you pay attention to last year? Lee evans was easily a top 15 WR for fantasy purposes. Especially the playoffs. ~1300 yards and 8 TDs makes you a no. 1 fantasy option whether or not you're a good player. He's still a good player though and definitely a no. 1 option in the santana moss mold.

There's a complete difference between being a good fantasy #1 WR and being a good actual #1 WR. Lee Evans is a deep threat more suited to playing opposite a guy who can rack up a lot of catches, he is not someone you want to have to run your offense around.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:10 am

retard rotter:
While it may be unreasonable to expect McGahee to achieve Jamal Lewis' career-high 2,066 yards

I wonder if he thinks it would also be unreasonable for Tatum Bell to rush for 2000 yards that Barry Sanders rushed for in 2000? One of the most baseless silly statements I've seen this year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Football Talk