Browns Trade Droughns to NYG (merged) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Browns Trade Droughns to NYG (merged)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:46 pm

What a Nightmare! Droughns stinks! Not that we gave anything good for him, but this is absolutely no kind of solution to our RB problem. Bottom line, they took the cheap way out and let Rhodes go to Oakland. With Droughns re-doing his contract and wiping carter off the cap, that's the only reason I can surmise. Just when I thought Reese had the right idea he pulls this garbage. Terrible move.

As for Jaccobs value, I'd say this is best case senario. Droughns will likely (like all Browns) get injured week two.

Nightmare!
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Droughns to NYG for Tim Carter

Postby chris.carp » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Latest news is Ruben Droughns to NYG for Tim Carter.

Another RBBC is formed!
chris.carp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:20 pm

Good signing by the Giants. Droughns is a strong runner and a surprisingly good pass-catcher. He'll fit in well in that offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 15-20 carries/game with Jacobs getting the goalline work and occassionally spelling Droughns for a series or two.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:23 pm

That's the best NY could do to replace Tiki? 8-o :-P

Oh well...goodbye to the thoughts of Jacobs being "the man" there I guess. :-/ I also suppose this paves the way for Cleveland to draft a RB.

Seems like more and more teams are going to the 2 back system...it makes sense though because it keeps the backs fresher and less susceptible to injury. It probably will lengthen their careers as well. It just makes the stud RB's that much more important in fantasy.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:07 pm

for tim carter... okay... whatever...

i think this is a huge endorsement that they are taking AP and passing on Calvin Johnson...

Man I hope CJ2 can slide to #7 but I'm sure the vikes will take Quinn... that is all Minnesota is talking about these days... "he's the next Tom Brady", "Weis had him running the Vikes offense", "he will do great in Childress system" blah blah blah

I would rather stick with tavaris and get a cj2 type
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:26 pm

FF Newbie wrote:Good signing by the Giants. Droughns is a strong runner and a surprisingly good pass-catcher. He'll fit in well in that offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 15-20 carries/game with Jacobs getting the goalline work and occassionally spelling Droughns for a series or two.

IS THAT A JOKE! Jacobs will start over droughns... no question... I will put big money on that. Accorsi just said last week that Jacobs will get 80% of the carries and they were looking for a back to lighten his load... NOT take his job...

I think the effect this trade has is that the brwns are showing that they are targeting AP...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:36 pm

Wow, the Giant's trade for another big, non-pass catching RB.

Droughns is a horrible fit for a potential RBBC... unless they are hedging against Jacobs struggling. This trade seems a lot bigger than just backup/insurance to me, because Droughns could easily challenge for the starting job there.

If I'm a Jacobs owner, I'm worried at this point.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:58 pm

hmmm. i think ill stay away from the giants RBs this season...unless i can get one of them super cheap. id favor jacobs, but the situation has RBBC al over it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:09 pm

treat24 wrote:for tim carter... okay... whatever...

i think this is a huge endorsement that they are taking AP and passing on Calvin Johnson...

Man I hope CJ2 can slide to #7 but I'm sure the vikes will take Quinn... that is all Minnesota is talking about these days... "he's the next Tom Brady", "Weis had him running the Vikes offense", "he will do great in Childress system" blah blah blah

I can guarantee you that the Vikings will not just give up on a guy that they gave two third round picks to trade up for after letting him start only 4 or so games.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:13 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
treat24 wrote:for tim carter... okay... whatever...

I can guarantee you that the Vikings will not just give up on a guy that they gave two third round picks to trade up for after letting him start only 4 or so games.

i would hope not... i watched TJ at camp and in the season and the kid has great skills... I personally want CJ... we need a WR SOOOOO bad... I'm just saying that in Minny... all anyone is talking about is that we need a west coast style QB... all the newspapers seem to think we are taking quinn we sent a ton of people to his pro day and have had talks with him... I say stick with TJ and try to move up for CJ...

our off and def lines are awesome... with greenway coming back our LBs should be fine... our DBs aren't great but WR is a more pressing need

EDIT: I've noticed teams that want quinn (like the texans) are trying to move into the redskins spot... citing that they have to get in front of the vikings... it's getting pretty well known who the vikings are going after
Last edited by treat24 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk