Rhodes to Raiders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rhodes to Raiders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:32 am

I dont know if Lamont will be staying around long...

BUF, GB?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:36 am

Flux wrote:I dont know if Lamont will be staying around long...

BUF, GB?

Thats what I was thinking, now do they try to package lamont with Randy to try get a deal done. GB????
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:38 am

BGbootha wrote:

BUF, GB?

Thats what I was thinking, now do they try to package lamont with Randy to try get a deal done. GB????

that would make a lot of sense
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whodey#9 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 am

BGbootha wrote:

BUF, GB?

and let Rhodes be the guy? IMO he cant handle a full season with out spliting carries
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:55 am

whodey#9 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

BUF, GB?

and let Rhodes be the guy? IMO he cant handle a full season with out spliting carries

He said he was looking to be the guy and wanted to go somewhere that will let him do that. Maybe they told him they were going to move Lamont and thats why he wanted to go to the Raiders
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Didn't see this one coming.

I think it's entirely possible that they're planning to move Jordan. They already had Fargas to spell him, so bringing in Rhodes would seem to indicate they're looking more along the lines of a replacement than a compliment.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:18 pm

If they're planning on using Rhodes as the feature back and moving Jordan, IMO they just downgraded the RB position. Rhodes YPC average when he was carrying the load in Indy was awful, and that was behind a much better O-Line in a high octane offense. Jordan at least proved he could thrive when he had some help in '05.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby robnestrick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Interesting signing after they restructured Jordan's contract. I would love to speculate what this means, but really, they have two guys and how the new coach uses them is anyone's guess.

As a Jordan fan, I hope he gets traded, but I dont' know if there is much of a market still left, nor why would OAK trade him after he restructured. I also don't think Rhodes is a feature RB. So, this will probably be a job share where Jordan gets 15-20 carries and some receptions and Rhodes get around 10 to spell him a few drives.
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:44 pm

robnestrick wrote:Interesting signing after they restructured Jordan's contract. I would love to speculate what this means, but really, they have two guys and how the new coach uses them is anyone's guess.

As a Jordan fan, I hope he gets traded, but I dont' know if there is much of a market still left, nor why would OAK trade him after he restructured. I also don't think Rhodes is a feature RB. So, this will probably be a job share where Jordan gets 15-20 carries and some receptions and Rhodes get around 10 to spell him a few drives.

The Raiders won't have the luxury of running the ball that many times a game next year.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby ColtsFan27 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:25 pm

:-t :-t :~( :-P As a Colts fan, I think this is a bad move for Dom. I know you have to go where the money is, but NOT THE RAIDERS. This has to be all about the benjamins, the Raiders have no shot next year, there are way to many questions for that team.

I wish him the best.............he'll need it!
ColtsFan27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk