Rhodes to Raiders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rhodes to Raiders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ivesaidway2much » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:28 pm

ColtsFan27 wrote::-t :-t :~( :-P As a Colts fan, I think this is a bad move for Dom. I know you have to go where the money is, but NOT THE RAIDERS. This has to be all about the benjamins, the Raiders have no shot next year, there are way to many questions for that team.

I wish him the best.............he'll need it!
He just got his Superbowl ring. I can understand why he wants to get paid now.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:30 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:
ColtsFan27 wrote::-t :-t :~( :-P As a Colts fan, I think this is a bad move for Dom. I know you have to go where the money is, but NOT THE RAIDERS. This has to be all about the benjamins, the Raiders have no shot next year, there are way to many questions for that team.

I wish him the best.............he'll need it!
He just got his Superbowl ring. I can understand why he wants to get paid now.

Hey, more power to him. Guy played way over his head on the biggest stage in Pro Football. Why shouldn't the guy take the money? Edgerrin James only wishes he could have had his cake and eaten it too. Dom got to have both.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:33 pm

I don't understand this signing one bit.

For the Raider's it's a waste of money. At best Rhodes is going to be a 50/50 guy with Lamont. And they have a lot more serious problems to address than just the RB position. Hell, one could argue that RB is the only position on the entire TEAM that didn't need a major overhaul.

For Dominic, I think this contract signals the end of his career. Maybe he saw the dollar signs and decided to go for it, but if you factor in his potential for another payday two or three years down the road, Rhodes is probably coming out behind in the long run. He could have signed in NYG for less for instance, stuck around a couple years looking pretty good on a pretty good team and then signed on as a backup somewhere else for another few million and another few years worth of NFL.

I mean seriously, Oak not only has Lamont, who just took a paycut to stick around, but they have one of the worst O-lines in the league, no QB, and no bright prospects for the future. Surely Rhodes could have gotten similar $$ elsewhere in a much better situation.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:47 pm

I really think the Raiders are looking at 50/50 Rhodes and Vargas and trading LaMont and Moss to the Packers for a pick and Rodgers
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:05 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I really think the Raiders are looking at 50/50 Rhodes and Vargas and trading LaMont and Moss to the Packers for a pick and Rodgers

Its Fargas not Vargas. :-b

But yeah I agree I think they'll move Jordan. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I really think the Raiders are looking at 50/50 Rhodes and Vargas and trading LaMont and Moss to the Packers for a pick and Rodgers

Its Fargas not Vargas. :-b

But yeah I agree I think they'll move Jordan. ;-D

duh :*)

Im dumb :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby robnestrick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:26 pm

The problem with moving Jordan is two-fold.. why would htey restructure his contract if they were just going to move him (help another team out).. secondly, the market is closing on where RBs are needed. The only teams I can think of are Buffalo, Green Bay, and Tennesee. That makes it very difficult to move him I think...
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby logan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:49 pm

robnestrick wrote:The problem with moving Jordan is two-fold.. why would htey restructure his contract if they were just going to move him (help another team out).. secondly, the market is closing on where RBs are needed. The only teams I can think of are Buffalo, Green Bay, and Tennesee. That makes it very difficult to move him I think...

jordan was going to be due a 4.5 million (i believe) dollar roster bonus if they didn't. if the raiders were/are intending on moving him this does save them money in the long run and gives them time to work out the right trade for them .
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby maddog60 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:19 pm

whodey#9 wrote:This makes it hard for Jordan to have a nice bounce back year doesnt it?

Because Rhodes is a huge threat? I doubt it. Rhodes finished last year very well, but in general, its hard to put up as lackluster of a performance as he did many times that I've seen Indy play. Do bear in mind, Manning makes that entire offense better than the players in it. That's why they could lose a Pro Bowl caliber guy like Edge and actually focus more on the rushing game.

I say Rhodes gives them a competent backup who can spell Jordan, and slight insurance of Jordan busts this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:06 pm

This moves Addai really near the first round.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk