Hawks sign another safety - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Hawks sign another safety

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hawks sign another safety

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:41 pm

How much money did we pay for Chicago's Green last year. I know he got hurt during training camp last year, but wasn't he suppose to start? Now we have added 2 safetys in the last 24 hrs, what does that hold for Green, or is this new guy a backup?

ESPN.com

Seattle Seahawks: On Friday, a day after making Deon Grant, the third highest paid safety in football, the Seahawks reach an agreement with Browns safety Brian Russell. Terms on the contract weren't available, but Russell becomes the second new safety added to the roster in 24 hours. Russell accepted a five-year deal.

The additions of Grant and Russell means the Seahawks won't re-sign starter Ken Hamlin, a Pro Bowl alternate who is a free agent and recently visited the New Orleans Saints.

The 28-year-old Russell has played with the Vikings and Browns during his six-year NFL career. He was an undrafted acquisition of the Vikings in 2001 and had a nine interception season in 2002 in Minnesota.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:40 pm

I'm hella happy, we have mike green, deon grant and brian russel.....of coarse there's thje downfall.....our hard hitting main man ken hamlin is on his way out.......why couldnt we leave russel away and resign hamlin? well hamlin was a smaller sized outside linebacker playing fs anyways, he was awesome against the run but very suspect against the pass.

we'll have to see how this pans out, but all i can say is that our deep secondary is better now with green, grant and russel than it was with hamlin, bouleware and babinoux(sp) since he played some safety too.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Whew...
I almost bought a Hamlin jersey! :-°

Love to keep him and restructure Wistrom's contract too, but
it sure looks like both are well on their was to greyer pastures.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Whew...

That is one reason I don't get player jerseys. Spend $$$$$ only for it to be outdated within a couple of years. I'll stick with my #12. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:43 am

I imagine theyll play both Green and Russell a good amount in the preseason and then give the starting S position alongside Grant to whichever of the 2 performs best in preseason. It will be nice to have 3 solid pass-coverage safeties though, since if there was one thing we really needed o improve last year it was our pass coverage. Personally now Im only concerned about the Hawks' offense if anything...their defense as it is now should be quite strong.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:08 am

Hmmm...
I wonder what number he'll be wearing?

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BGbootha » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:40 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Whew...

That is one reason I don't get player jerseys. Spend $$$$$ only for it to be outdated within a couple of years. I'll stick with my #12. ;-D

yeah i bought a Tatupu jersey after they drafting him last year, figured it should get me a few good years out of ti.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Return to Seattle Seahawks