Chargers to do Private Fashion Show - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chargers to do Private Fashion Show

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chargers to do Private Fashion Show

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:03 am

ImageImage

Source: http://www.signonsandiego.com
The longstanding history of Chargers football began with Lance Alworth and John Hadl lighting up the American Football League in Powder blue jerseys and white helmets.

In the late 1970’s and early 80’s, Hall of Famers Dan Fouts and Kellen Winslow ushered in a new era in royal blue duds accented by blue helmets with a gold lightning bolt. The early 1990’s saw Junior Seau and Stan Humphries lead the Chargers to three playoff appearances in four years, including the 1994 AFC Championship while donning the white lightning bolts and a more consistent navy color scheme.

LaDainian Tomlinson and company have now brought a new attitude and legacy, and the team has made some minor changes to the logo and the uniform to give the new generation of Chargers stars their own look.

“All of those guys had their identity, their kind of uniform that made it unique for their teams,” Tomlinson said. “Well, I think it is time for us to have our identity, with our jerseys. This is our era. We’ve got great guys on this team and this is going to be the San Diego Chargers for years to come. So I think it is only right to have our own new jerseys and create our own era and our own identity.”

The navy, gold and white that Chargers fans have grown accustomed to are still present. The changes begin with a redesigned lightning bolt, which serves as the team’s primary logo. The interior of the bolt is gold and outlined with layers of first powder blue and a navy exterior. The all caps “CHARGERS” script is also receiving a makeover to a sleeker, futuristic look.

The redesigned bolt will be featured on a new metallic-white helmet. The three redesigned jerseys will follow the same color scheme as those in the past. The Chargers will continue to wear navy jerseys with white pants for most home games and white jerseys with navy pants on the road. The redesigned Powder blue jerseys with white pants will be worn on special occasions at home.

“We really love it,” said Jim Steeg, the Chargers’ chief operating officer. “The players that have seen it love it. And we think once people see the team in action, they’ll love it too.”

The main alteration to the jersey is that the new lightning bolt now stretches around the shoulder as opposed to over the top of it, a feature that Tomlinson is quite fond of.

“It kind of makes you look like you're bigger than what you are,” Tomlinson said. “I know people always say, 'Well you look small.' Now I may look a little bigger. I think that’s going to help me hopefully score more touchdowns."

The team will officially unveil their new look at a private “fashion show” next Wednesday. It’s the team’s first significant uniform alteration since 1988. In addition to LT, a handful of current players have seen the new look and are impressed.

“It’s unique,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “I think they give a uniqueness to this team…to our personality. It has all the same great colors, but it has been tweaked to fit this team. It’s really an honor that they’ve chosen our team to be the first to wear this new uniform.”

The fashion show is scheduled at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the U.S. Grant hotel.

Related Article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070309-1316-bn9chargers.html
Last edited by madaslives911 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:10 am

And this has to do with classiness how?

As for the comment you bolded, its hard to tell through text, but I imagine that comment is tongue and cheek. Especially considering how often people question whether smaller backs can get tough yards, and given LT's recent TD record.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:26 am

I think that's quite classy - seeing as the Chargers are paying LT umpteen million dollars to score touchdowns, it's commendable that LT wants to do his best at his job. (As opposed to, say, Randy Moss.)
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby treat24 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:30 am

yeah i agree... he is a classy guy... good that he wants to do his best and do more for the team. If he said "I will look better when scoring all my touchdowns" that would be unclassy... The quote you bolded is just fine...

I also agree with what felix and maddog said
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:35 am

i still think they should just roll with the powder blue jerseys and white helmets... easily the coolest unis in the league IMO.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:43 am

deluxe_247 wrote:i still think they should just roll with the powder blue jerseys and white helmets... easily the coolest unis in the league IMO.

agreed. the powder blues are tight. i hate the chargers and being a chiefs fan i would still rock whatever LT was hawking.i wish LJ was half the man LT is. the guy is classy as can be and a great player. i just wis he was in the nfc .
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:54 am

maddog60 wrote:And this has to do with classiness how?

As for the comment you bolded, its hard to tell through text, but I imagine that comment is tongue and cheek. Especially considering how often people question whether smaller backs can get tough yards, and given LT's recent TD record.

aaack sorry but i wasn't questioning what LT said.
i was more of referring to whether the Chargers new uniform looks real good for the players in general.

I better edit the thread's title then. ;-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:35 am

madaslives911 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:And this has to do with classiness how?

aaack sorry but i wasn't questioning what LT said.
i was more of referring to whether the Chargers new uniform looks real good for the players in general.

I better edit the thread's title then. ;-)

Ah, I see what you meant by the title now. Their uniform does look good, but I like the powder-blue. For a football team to where such an unmanly looking color is pretty gutsy. But times changes, and uniforms with them.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:10 pm

The change looks okay - but I for one think the powder blues look gawd-awful ugly!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:29 pm

stomperrob wrote:The change looks okay - but I for one think the powder blues look gawd-awful ugly!

especially compared to puke yellow and black ;-7 :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk