RBBC, Affecting Fantasy Football.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RBBC, Affecting Fantasy Football....

Moderator: Football Moderators

RBBC, Affecting Fantasy Football....

Postby mrblitz » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:28 am

More than ever, it appears that with the offseason signings of runningbacks to teams thatRbbc is goint to be more prevelant than ever throughout the league. How do we Fantasy players combat this? Is it time that we insert an extra rb starting slot to our fantasy stating rosters? Or what other alternatives to we have? Is it becoming a situation that is starting to change the Fantasy Football World? These are questions that I believe that need to start to be addressed. What are some of your thoughts?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby robnestrick » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:40 am

Those RBs not in committees are more valuable.. and those in RBBC are more comparable to WRs. I'd say go with the flow and draft accordingly..
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:42 pm

I don't know that we need to redefine a "standard" league or anything. You just have to realize that some RBs are going to be less valuable, so the days of going RB, RB, RB are long gone for the most part. There are going to be a lot more QBs and WRs taken in the first three rounds going forward.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:01 pm

i think traditionally, there have been too many spots for rb's as it is, and that they are artificially overvalued relative to their real life worth. The flex thing means people go after three starting rbs, whereas, not many teams do this. Although the committee is becoming more and more "stnadard," i think the traditional three spots are fine.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:35 pm

i think its going to even things out in the long run. a lot more early picks for "elite" wrs especially....though i dont really see all that many more RBBCs than i did last year...at least so far.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:54 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i think its going to even things out in the long run. a lot more early picks for "elite" wrs especially....though i dont really see all that many more RBBCs than i did last year...at least so far.

yeah i don't see that many more RBBCs either...

about the same...

the vikes don't have one anymore... which is crazy... I think push come to shove it runs around a 19-13 ratio or so most years...

1 MAIN STARTER: LT, LJ, Westbrook, Parker, Gore, SJAX, Taylor, Alexander, Edge, McGahee, Benson, Rudi, Addai, R.Brown, Maroney, Jacobs, T.Jones, Caddy (i can understand the alstott TD factor), L.White, Portis (When Portis was healthy last year it was his team... Betts will still be change of pace or get traded), JLew has the Browns right now, Green... I can only assume he is starter now, T.Henry

CURRENT RBBCs?: Falcons, Bills, Panthers, Cowboys, Lions, Raiders, Packers, Jags, Saints

I have about 9 sure RBBCs and I'm sure a couple of those will clear up after the draft and free agency... there are a couple teams with question marks though...

this time of year ALWAYS lends itself to the RBBC conversation...

let's wait til august... you'll see the RBBCs go between 10-12 if not less... the approximate ratio it is EVERY YEAR...

now if a couple teams with solid starters draft/acquire competition... we can repost this thread... but at this moment the league is pretty consistent with every other year

the only difference is that you are seeing more teams (jags/saints) that make it work and are content with it... those two situations will fix themselves in a couple years when they can't afford to pay all that money to their backs and the player will be traded or test free agency...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:18 pm

Not sure what prompted this post to come about. If anything, this offseason has moved away from RBBC moreso than any other recently, and certainly not towards it...

Domonic Rhodes leaves Indy and breaks up the Indy RBBC.
Thomas Jones leaves Chicago for NYJ and breaks up both the Chicago and NYJ RBBCs
Jamal Lewis goes to Cleveland and Droughns leaves
Mcgahee to the Ravens is a wash (non-RBBC to non-RBBC)
Ahman Green goes to the Texans and likely breaks up that RBBC
Travis Henry is more likely to be a feature back in Denver than Tater was
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Drew_70 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Not sure what prompted this post to come about. If anything, this offseason has moved away from RBBC moreso than any other recently, and certainly not towards it...

Domonic Rhodes leaves Indy and breaks up the Indy RBBC.
Thomas Jones leaves Chicago for NYJ and breaks up both the Chicago and NYJ RBBCs
Jamal Lewis goes to Cleveland and Droughns leaves
Mcgahee to the Ravens is a wash (non-RBBC to non-RBBC)
Ahman Green goes to the Texans and likely breaks up that RBBC
Travis Henry is more likely to be a feature back in Denver than Tater was

Well there has been a lot of RB movement this season. What may have prompted this post because its a post about what may be something we all should consider, a RBBC that teams are considering. IMO, still too early to tell.
Drew_70
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Axl's Army » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:25 pm

Everybody's right. The RBBC situations may seem to be less or the same, which I'm sure you're right about. The difference is like the guy said about the jags/saints. It no longer is viewed negatively by fans, coaches, even players to an extent. It works & works better than only giving one guy carries. The only place it doesn't work is in Fantasy Football. :~(

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Axl's Army wrote:Everybody's right. The RBBC situations may seem to be less or the same, which I'm sure you're right about. The difference is like the guy said about the jags/saints. It no longer is viewed negatively by fans, coaches, even players to an extent. It works & works better than only giving one guy carries. The only place it doesn't work is in Fantasy Football. :~(

While the odds for having RBBC in Fantasy Football may give owners slim chance of racking up points, consider also the big risk of fantasy owners if they lose a key starter - just like when SA got injured or got hit by the Madden Curse. ;-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk