Stallworth Signs With Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stallworth Signs With Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby evil_monkey » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:15 pm

definatly a one year deal, he'll be due 11 million next feb if he stays on for a second year, very unlikely he will get that.
Giving Pioli $30 million and an extra No. 1 pick is like giving Shawne Merriman an extra syringe. Expect massive results.
evil_monkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:55 pm

So what does this do to his fantasy value?

I think that his stock drops significantly just because the Patriots don't tend to have one huge WR or anything, they spread it around a lot. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:04 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:So what does this do to his fantasy value?

I think that his stock drops significantly just because the Patriots don't tend to have one huge WR or anything, they spread it around a lot. :-?

I wouldn't say it drops at all. Branch twice caught for 800+ yards when he was with the Pats, and he's nowhere near the deep threat Stallworth is. This guys probably in for a monster year yards-wise.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:05 pm

Guess this kind of quells the Moss to the Patriots rumors.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:19 pm

1 yr deal worth 3.6 million. That is a steal. Even if he busts and is injured, it was still a great deal. The potential that he has alone is worth that money. It could become a 6 yr deal but I dont think they will extend him beyond 1 yr.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:23 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:So what does this do to his fantasy value?

I wouldn't say it drops at all. Branch twice caught for 800+ yards when he was with the Pats, and he's nowhere near the deep threat Stallworth is. This guys probably in for a monster year yards-wise.

On top of that this has to bump Brady's value up a smidge, too. He's been a top five QB for years without a star cast around him. With a big-play potential guy this can only help solidify Brady's value.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby APAP » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:24 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:1 yr deal worth 3.6 million. That is a steal. Even if he busts and is injured, it was still a great deal. The potential that he has alone is worth that money. It could become a 6 yr deal but I dont think they will extend him beyond 1 yr.

I don't think it there be a long term deal, probably just this year. If it was an extended deal, I don't think you'd see them go past 3 years.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:35 pm

APAP wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:1 yr deal worth 3.6 million. That is a steal. Even if he busts and is injured, it was still a great deal. The potential that he has alone is worth that money. It could become a 6 yr deal but I dont think they will extend him beyond 1 yr.

I don't think it there be a long term deal, probably just this year. If it was an extended deal, I don't think you'd see them go past 3 years.

I don thtink it will be long term either. As the article states though, it could become 6 yrs but I see this as a one yr and done deal.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby APAP » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Oh ok, I didn't actually read the whole article.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby maddog60 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:16 pm

I think Pats would want it to be 6 years if Stallworth stays healthy. He's only 26, so at 32, he still wouldn't have lost much. 6 years would basically be for the rest of his prime as a player, and a great deal if Donte stays healthy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk