Stallworth Signs With Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stallworth Signs With Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:So what does this do to his fantasy value?

I think that his stock drops significantly just because the Patriots don't tend to have one huge WR or anything, they spread it around a lot. :-?

I agree, I believe even if he stays healthy for 16 games, his numbers will probably go for 55 catches 6 tds, not exactly earth shattering numbers.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:08 pm

Pats should have one of the best offenses in the NFL as long as Stallworth's jelly hamstring can hold up and Maroney stays healthy. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:21 pm

McNasty wasn't shy about spreading the ball around either, so I think Donte's value stays about the same.

Good signing by New England, as a healthy Stallworth definitely adds a new dimension to the Pats' passing game.

So what's everyone's thoughts on Reggie Brown now that Donte's out of Philly?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:26 pm

I think Reggie Brown will continue to improve. In the games where Donte sat out due to injury, Reggie's stats were pretty impressive...

week 3 vs. SF - 5 receptions, 106 yards
week 5 vs. DAL - 4 receptions, 79 yards, 1 TD
week 6 vs. NO - 6 receptions, 121 yards, 2 TD
week 7 vs. TB - 4 receptions, 77 yards, 1 TD

Those numbers are argueably Reggie's best numbers and they all came when Stallworth was out, so I'd say Brown's better off without Donte. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:38 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:So what does this do to his fantasy value?

I think that his stock drops significantly just because the Patriots don't tend to have one huge WR or anything, they spread it around a lot. :-?

I wouldn't say it drops at all. Branch twice caught for 800+ yards when he was with the Pats, and he's nowhere near the deep threat Stallworth is. This guys probably in for a monster year yards-wise.

I think it's a push - the Pats spread it around a lot, but so do the Eagles. He is still going to be an inconsistent fantasy option, so he won't really rise above #3WR status in my mind.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I think Reggie Brown will continue to improve. In the games where Donte sat out due to injury, Reggie's stats were pretty impressive...

Those numbers are argueably Reggie's best numbers and they all came when Stallworth was out, so I'd say Brown's better off without Donte. ;-D

Brown could be a real steal this year....3rd year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Xander » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:33 pm

I think this is a very good signing, at this point in the season the Pats look like very good contenders for winning the Superbowl XLII
Xander Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:18 pm

Azrael wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I think Reggie Brown will continue to improve. In the games where Donte sat out due to injury, Reggie's stats were pretty impressive...

Brown could be a real steal this year....3rd year.

Reid finally figured out how to pick a WR, thank god. Brown is the #1 target is what will still be a very pass-oriented offense I suspect, that alone makes him quite valuable. Baskett's value depends solely on whether or not the Eagles sign a vet like Moulds or Curtis, but Baskett could be a decent sleeper too.

I agree as well that Donte's value should stay the same. If he stays healthy, he's probably not less than top 20 WR in fantasy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:19 pm

Good deal for the Pats. I don't understand why Stallworth was willing to sign what is basically a one year contract. There were plenty of other teams interested in him I wonder why he couldn't have done better then that with all the money that is being thrown around this year.

So much for Wes Welker being even the #2 receiver. :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:19 pm

ESPN has corrected its report regarding the deal.. it now states that the contract only guarantees one year -- gives Stallworth and the Patriots flexibility.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk