LenDale White - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LenDale White

Moderator: Football Moderators

LenDale White

Postby Smizzy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:40 am

With Henry off to Denver and Chris Brown a free agent what do you guys think of Lendale White as a Fantasy back next yr & the next couple yrs?
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: LenDale White

Postby Keyser_WV » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:32 am

Smizzy wrote:With Henry off to Denver and Chris Brown a free agent what do you guys think of Lendale White as a Fantasy back next yr & the next couple yrs?

Fisher came out and said that they will definately get someone else to come in and share the load with Lendale this coming year so next season he will be splitting time.

He didn't show much last year but he didn't get much of a shot to show anything for whatever reason.

It really depends on who they bring in to share time. You have to think he will get the goal line carries since he is a power back.

I like him though. Just need to see how it all plays out this offseason before I can gauge where I will target him.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:23 am

He is defeinetly a guy who will go later in the draft than most RB and could surprise a lot fo people. I like White and i think with the other guys gone he could have a nice year. They may be looking at bringing in someone else, but with the guys left who are they going to bring in?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Felix the Cat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:58 am

Ricky Williams? :-b
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:00 am

Vince is the center of the offense, and this will limit the TDs for any RB there. Also, I don't think LenDale can stay healthy a whole season. Has more upside than most 4th RBs will have, but still plenty of reason to stay away.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:19 am

Keyser_WV wrote:
Smizzy wrote:With Henry off to Denver and Chris Brown a free agent what do you guys think of Lendale White as a Fantasy back next yr & the next couple yrs?

Fisher came out and said that they will definately get someone else to come in and share the load with Lendale this coming year so next season he will be splitting time.

He didn't show much last year but he didn't get much of a shot to show anything for whatever reason.

It really depends on who they bring in to share time. You have to think he will get the goal line carries since he is a power back.

I like him though. Just need to see how it all plays out this offseason before I can gauge where I will target him.

do you have a link to this?

This is the latest from rotoworld

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said Friday that he expects second-year running back LenDale White to be "the guy" this upcoming season.

They currently have only Quinton Ganther and DonTrell Moore behind him, and want to use more of a committee, so the Titans will likely look for a scatback type in the draft. White should be in line for double-digit TDs if he has a good offseason and enters the year as the Titans' starter.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Flux wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said Friday that he expects second-year running back LenDale White to be "the guy" this upcoming season.

They currently have only Quinton Ganther and DonTrell Moore behind him, and want to use more of a committee, so the Titans will likely look for a scatback type in the draft. White should be in line for double-digit TDs if he has a good offseason and enters the year as the Titans' starter.

i think that's laughable...it's not like every RB is gauranteed 10 TD's...especially those with dynamic running QB's on bad teams
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keyser_WV » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Flux wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

This was on my team page of cbs sportsline. Not sure of a link to the Tennessean.

LenDale White, RB TEN

News: The Tennessean reports that second-year RB LenDale White will be in the Titans' mix at running back. However, according to coach Jeff Fisher, he won't be in it alone. Philosophically, the Titans don't want to let one runner carry the load. "We drafted LenDale for a reason," Fisher said. "We feel like he has a chance to be a very productive back. ... With that said, we expect to have two that we can call upon, at least."

Analysis: White should easily improve on his rookie stats: 24 rush yards and 60 receiving yards. Expect him to be in the mix at running back for the Titans, but not to the point where he's getting more than a dozen touches a game. He'll be a solid reserve Fantasy RB worth a middle- to late-round pick in 2007.

I hope he is the unquestioned starter. I have him in a keeper league. At this point he may be a better option than LaMont Jordan :~(
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mrblitz » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:42 pm

I think he still needs another back to spell him , as he still needs to become more familiar with the offense. And he's not used to carrying the whole load himself.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby confused_jake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:46 pm

I've always thought that he would be the better back of the USC duo, hopefully he can prove it this year ;-D
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk