LenDale White - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LenDale White

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm

I'll very happy to take Lendale in the 4th round barring any signings.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:46 pm

confused_jake wrote:I've always thought that he would be the better back of the USC duo, hopefully he can prove it this year ;-D

I agree. If he can get a good work ethic this off-season I see no reason why he won't be a top 15 back.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby eman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Personally I'd only take him very late in a draft, since he should be overlooked by most and is definitely a risk, but has loads of potential as well. I dont think hes any better than a 3rd RB at this point though.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Axl's Army » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:13 pm

I read they are drafting / exploring FA & per the Titans Organization, plan to have 2 or 3 other guys splitting time with White.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby confused_jake » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:48 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
confused_jake wrote:I've always thought that he would be the better back of the USC duo, hopefully he can prove it this year ;-D

I agree. If he can get a good work ethic this off-season I see no reason why he won't be a top 15 back.

Yeah that is the only question mark i have on him. Coming out of USC he was out of shape and didnt seem to care, hopefully the notion of getting a majority of the carries will flip a switch in him to tell him to get his butt in line.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:15 am

eman wrote:Personally I'd only take him very late in a draft, since he should be overlooked by most and is definitely a risk, but has loads of potential as well. I dont think hes any better than a 3rd RB at this point though.

By the time that it is actually time to draft, if all things stay the same, there is no way he is overlooked...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am

confused_jake wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:

Yeah that is the only question mark i have on him. Coming out of USC he was out of shape and didnt seem to care, hopefully the notion of getting a majority of the carries will flip a switch in him to tell him to get his butt in line.

I agree with this. Perhaps the best aspect of having a talented, young RB is the fact that most are playing for big contracts or extensions after the ones they signed as rookies. In that case, I think LenDale has a lot to play for, especially considering how much coin he lost on draft day last year.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:45 am

I'm not buying the idea that he's going to all of a sudden improve his work ethic. He was given plenty of chances last year to put some time in, work hard, and get some serious playing time last year knowing that Travis Henry likely wouldn't be staying around another year and Chris Brown can't stay healthy. I don't see where the lack of motivation there in comparison to this year's situation is. Plain fact is that this guy has an awful work ethic and although he may be talented enough to do alright anyway, that's probably not going to change anytime soon.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Axl's Army » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:03 am

If Ladell Betts can be successful in the NFL so can LenDale White.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:05 am

Axl's Army wrote:If Ladell Betts can be successful in the NFL so can LenDale White.

I'm sorry....but you're going to have to explain a bit more....I fail to see how one affects the other at all.... :-?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk