Bills Re-sign A-Train - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bills Re-sign A-Train

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bills Re-sign A-Train

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Bills re-signed RB Anthony Thomas to a multi-year contract.

His 3.5 yards-per-carry isn't exciting but Thomas did a commendable job replacing Willis McGahee while he was hurt a year ago and is a favorite of the coaching staff. The A-Train currently stands atop Buffalo's depth chart at running back but the Bills will almost certainly draft competition. Mar. 12 - 2:35 pm et
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:55 pm

I cant imagine that he will be a full time starter, so look for them to grab another RB either in FA or the draft.

If he somehow maintains the starting gig, there are going to be some really lucky dynasty owners ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Flux wrote:I cant imagine that he will be a full time starter, so look for them to grab another RB either in FA or the draft.

If he somehow maintains the starting gig, there are going to be some really lucky dynasty owners ;-D

I agree Flux. That 3.5 ypc is a little misleading IMO. Thomas was in on lots of short-yardage downs in Buffalo, the result of which is usually only a couple of yards. But when given the chance to carry the load Thomas did a very nice job picking up the tough yards and catching the ball effectively. I'm not saying he will be a stud at all, but to have had him as McGahee's backup, for example, might now net you 2 starters next season - and any starting RB has value, if only for depth and insurance purposes.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kilroy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see him retain the "starting" job, but I would be surprised if the Bills don't bring in someone else to at least compliment Thomas.

Still, he could end up being a decent mid-round pick as an RB3 or "flex" player.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby kyguy78 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 pm

RBBC in Buffalo, but A-Train could grab the scores in the redzone.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:04 pm

kyguy78 wrote:RBBC in Buffalo, but A-Train could grab the scores in the redzone.

It may be a bit premature to declare Buffalo RBBC. Thomas has been a 20 carries a game back before. Have to wait and see how it shakes out.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
kyguy78 wrote:RBBC in Buffalo, but A-Train could grab the scores in the redzone.

It may be a bit premature to declare Buffalo RBBC. Thomas has been a 20 carries a game back before. Have to wait and see how it shakes out.

i agree, at the moment they don't even have another back for there to be a rbbc
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Thomas impressed me on his short stretch of games where he was the "starter". He also caught the ball a surprising number of times. A pleasant surprise despite the poor YPC. A guy you might consider trading for in a dynasty or deep keeper.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:23 pm

skibrett15 wrote:Thomas impressed me on his short stretch of games where he was the "starter". He also caught the ball a surprising number of times. A pleasant surprise despite the poor YPC. A guy you might consider trading for in a dynasty or deep keeper.

Did he run well with the Bears for a year and the get hurt? What happened to him after that one year?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:55 pm

im sorry, but i just cant get excited about a 30 year old running back in a bad system who has only managed to break 1000 yards twice in his career. im guessing they bring someone else in to compliment him.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk