New England Signs WR Kelly Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New England Signs WR Kelly Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

New England Signs WR Kelly Washington

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:25 pm

Patriots agreed to terms with WR Kelley Washington on a five-year contract. The deal includes a $300,000 signing bonus, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, and a $4 million option bonus payable in 2008.

Another one-year deal. The 6-3 Washington adds size to an otherwise smallish receiving corps and could be useful a red-zone target. He'll make it hard for Jabar Gaffney to make the club in 2007. Also, it seems like the Pats aren't planning on having Chad Jackson (knee) healthy by the season. In 2008, they may be deciding between keeping Washington or Donte' Stallworth, as both are due large offseason bonuses.
Related: Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson, Bengals, Dolphins
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:41 pm

they're really trying to revamp those WRs after last year. Problem is, they're still bringing in mediocre talent. Donte' stallworth was a good signing, he's the only one head and shoulders above last year's crew.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:43 pm

skibrett15 wrote:they're really trying to revamp those WRs after last year. Problem is, they're still bringing in mediocre talent. Donte' stallworth was a good signing, he's the only one head and shoulders above last year's crew.

I was thinkng they would go WR in the draft, but with all these there is no way they go WR, right? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:53 pm

They have 1000000 WRs now...there are going to be a few cuts before all is said and done.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:56 pm

Flux wrote:They have 1000000 WRs now...there are going to be a few cuts before all is said and done.

so you are telling me that Matt Millen is running the team now :-? :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:17 pm

gah, I can't see Kelly Washington even making that team with all those wideouts, he's horrible, and he would celebrate every time he made a catch.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:56 pm

Wow - that's the third WR they've acquired in the last week! 8-o

Prior to these signings they had a WR corps of Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Kelvin Kight, and Bam Childress. Chad Jackson is out pretty much all of 2007, and even if he miraculously returns he won't contribute much.

I think it's safe to say that Brady is going to have a multitude of targets to choose from once again. It's just that none of them are big-time players right now. Stallworth is the best of the bunch, maybe followed by Caldwell or Welker (Welker = 2004 Brandon Stokley, maybe?).

But still - is Washington really anything other than a warm body?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Donte Stallworth
Reche Caldwell
Wes Welker
Kelley Washington
Chad Jackson
Jabar Gaffney

At the this rate, the leading WR will have 30 catches at the most. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby z raptor » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:29 pm

Hey, every time I saw KWash, he did pretty well. He was just in a situation where there was great talent in front of him. Now we'll see how good (or bad) he really is!
z raptor

z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby APAP » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:34 pm

I deffinitely think that Washington will make the roster, I mean we need a size guy to go along with what is primarily a speed WR corps. So is Moss to NE deffinitely out of the question now??
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Football Talk