New England Signs WR Kelly Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New England Signs WR Kelly Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sox 06 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:38 pm

I'm glad they are trying to address their WR issues, but I'm not sold on the guys they have/have signed. If Stallworth can stay healthy he is obviously their #1. Caldwell was OK last season, Welker is decent and the other guys are just mediocre.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:40 pm

Wow the Patriots are really spending alot of cash in the offeseason. Seems as though they are really gearing up for one hell of the year. I wish the Eagles would take a page out of their book.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:52 pm

wow! NE is really revamping their WR core with average receivers! :-b

Besides jelly hammy Stallworth, that is. :-]
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:32 am

So what happens to Troy now? It seems that he is the odd man out or is he retiring? :-?
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 am

mrblitz wrote:Wow the Patriots are really spending alot of cash in the offeseason. Seems as though they are really gearing up for one hell of the year. I wish the Eagles would take a page out of their book.

But as the Redskins can teach us....it's not always the team that spends the most that wins the most. Stallworth was a solid signing for that receiving corps but he'll be hurt by week 3 and they'll be left once again with a mediocre group of receivers. If Stallworth can stay healthy, which is a huge if given his extensive injury history, then NE could have a very potent offense next year...but although they are bringing in a bunch of WRs, I don't know how much of an impact most of them will have.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby phunkadelic » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:57 am

Washington has a good amount of talent.

The problem is that he's lazy. I usually go to 1-2 Bengals games per year, and the main thing I noticed at the few games I went to was that every time he finished running his specific route, he was done. He wouldn't budge to help his scrambling QB. He would just stand there. Every single time.

Based on talent alone, he could probably compete for the #2 WR spot in NE, but if he puts in the effort I've always seen from him, he'll be in an uphill battle for the #3-#4 spot and probably will miss out.

He's basically a non-factor on special teams; however, he did put some effort into that this past year and ended up making a couple nice plays on punts.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:52 am

phunkadelic wrote:The problem is that he's lazy. I usually go to 1-2 Bengals games per year, and the main thing I noticed at the few games I went to was that every time he finished running his specific route, he was done. He wouldn't budge to help his scrambling QB. He would just stand there. Every single time.

The same can be said for all of the Bengals WRs, who are arguably the worst blocking WRs in the NFL. Rudi Johnson's longest run last year was 22 yards, no doubt thanks to some abysmal downfield blocking.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Football Talk