Top 40 Running Backs - Gregg Rosenthal, Rotoworld - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 40 Running Backs - Gregg Rosenthal, Rotoworld

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:39 am

killiansjmd wrote:
Thomas Jones at #22 now that he'll probably get a majority of the carries? Seems low to me.

Matt besides getting a majority of the carries, he's going to get the goal line carries as well for the Jets this year. I don't see them bringing in Leon Washington once they get the ball inside the 10 yard line.

I agree. People point to the fact that the Jets "went with the hot hand" last year in their running game to move Jones down but it was mainly because they didn't have as talented a back as Jones who could be the man week in and week out. I think Jones is going to be a good guy to go after in drafts as he can probably be had later than what he's truly worth.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:52 am

mattb47 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:
Thomas Jones at #22 now that he'll probably get a majority of the carries? Seems low to me.

Matt besides getting a majority of the carries, he's going to get the goal line carries as well for the Jets this year. I don't see them bringing in Leon Washington once they get the ball inside the 10 yard line.

I agree. People point to the fact that the Jets "went with the hot hand" last year in their running game to move Jones down but it was mainly because they didn't have as talented a back as Jones who could be the man week in and week out. I think Jones is going to be a good guy to go after in drafts as he can probably be had later than what he's truly worth.

Agreed. Given the Jets propensity to run the ball (Over 30 attempts per game in '06) I think Jones is gonna post solid numbers, especially relative to where he'll likely be drafted.

That list gets a double :-? :-? from me.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:I disagree with these rankings completely. Gore at 2? Go ahead, you can draft him at the two spot, I'll go ahead and take S.Jax or LJ.

Gore is third on his list. He said all things being equal Gore should be 2. But all things aren't equal. I actually like the top 4-5. Just because he is a little out of the ordinary thinking doesn't mean he is wrong.

After that though it gets sketchy. SA isn't in my top 5 but he should be top 10. Edge is way too low. Especially with Pitts coaching staff on board.

TJ, WAY too low.

Jordan could be there. I see him having a decent year if healthy. And if he gets traded then his value goes WAY up as long as he's the unquestioned starter (GB?)

Overall alot of head scratchers, but I like his top 5. I can see SA not being in there and LJ getting pretty banged up. He got abused last year. That line isn't as good as it once was....and now another year older.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Axl's Army » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:33 pm

This is a fair list. You know that it's a crapshoot prognosticating performance. As for the Sean Alexander Ranking Position, I believe he belongs where he's ranked. He's a #2 or #3, no longer a #1, IMHO of course.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:36 pm

:-t :-t :-t

i agree with most of the posts on this thread... these rankings seem very bias... it's been pointed out a lot that SJAX and LJ had almost the same number of touches... the author seems to forget all the receptions jackson got and all the hits he took... LJ is still a beast who will consistently get the rock where the Rams can actually give it to other players. I will guarantee I am in exactly zero drafts where Gore comes after LT... shaun at 14 is a joke
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:12 pm

13. Chester Taylor
14. Shaun Alexander

lolololololololololololololol......next
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:54 pm

Horrible list. What do you honestly expect though, it will be a while before we can get a good list going.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:WOW how is SA 14? 8-o :-?

exactly.

i cant take any list seriously that has SA outside the top ten. it would take a strong argument just to put him outside the top 5.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:37 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:WOW how is SA 14? 8-o :-?

exactly.

i cant take any list seriously that has SA outside the top ten. it would take a strong argument just to put him outside the top 5.

agreed.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby m16a » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:59 pm

;-D Westy is finally getting some props! ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk