Top 40 Running Backs - Gregg Rosenthal, Rotoworld - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 40 Running Backs - Gregg Rosenthal, Rotoworld

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:17 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Also how does he have Lendale White ranked higher than guys like T.Jones???

Because Lendale White is going to outperform Thomas Jones this season.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:25 pm

I like a lot of these rankings. What is becoming more and more clear as when head into mini-camps to me though, is that Clinton Portis is being underestimated across the board. In no way shape or form should this guy fall outside of anyone's top10 rankings. Hell, I have to struggle just to keep him out of my top5.

The guy fell to the 2nd round last year based on a late injury scare, but even on one foot, with Betts cutting his touches, the guy performed at a stud level until he went down.

In 6 or 7 games of football with RBBC in some:
Portis= 700/7

In the remaining 8 or 9 games of football with no RBBC:
Betts = 1100/4

Washington is a very good place for fantasy RB production. People were asking where the vaunted Saunder's led O is going to turn out a stud? It already happened! And Clinton Portis is going to tote their rock in 2007. Mark that one down. I don't care if they went out and traded for Mcgahee this offseason, like Portis advised a couple years back. Clinton Portis is a premier fantasy RB. 2nd round is just outrageous. Betts should make a quality backup and change of pace. But the only factor Betts should have for fantasy purposes is to make him an ideal handcuff to Portis in a later round. Trust me, you want a piece of that Washington run game in 2007.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mrblitz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:57 pm

I actually found his listings pretty accurate at this point. I don't know about SA at 14, but I probably wouldn't put him higher than 10. I do think his injury is going to still bother him, and the loss of Hutchinson, is still going to hurt his chances. JMO.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:
Thomas Jones at #22 now that he'll probably get a majority of the carries? Seems low to me.

Matt besides getting a majority of the carries, he's going to get the goal line carries as well for the Jets this year. I don't see them bringing in Leon Washington once they get the ball inside the 10 yard line.

I agree. People point to the fact that the Jets "went with the hot hand" last year in their running game to move Jones down but it was mainly because they didn't have as talented a back as Jones who could be the man week in and week out. I think Jones is going to be a good guy to go after in drafts as he can probably be had later than what he's truly worth.

Agreed. Given the Jets propensity to run the ball (Over 30 attempts per game in '06) I think Jones is gonna post solid numbers, especially relative to where he'll likely be drafted.

That list gets a double :-? :-? from me.

Cedric Houston might get the nod at the goaline. There was talk of his replacing martin on the goaline his rookie year.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk