Creating a Sig.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Creating a Sig..

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Creating a Sig..

Postby mrblitz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Keeping in mind, I am computer illiterate, as far as terminology, and such. I was wondering if anyone could direct me on how to create a sig. I would need to be guided as an extreme beginner, just act like you are teaching a 3rd grader :-b I am really interested in learning how to create my own sigs so I don't have to ask anyone , anymore. If anyone is willing to help, just let me know, and thanks in advance.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:04 am

The first thing is deciding what program to use.

I (and the majority of people) use Photoshop. Whether you get CS2 (the newest version) or Elements (a dumbed down version) is up to you and your budget.

Some people also use a free program called GIMP. It is pretty good especially for a free program.

After you download the program, just play around with the tools, etc. and read tutorials. I never read a book about Photoshop or anything. I completely taught myself with tutorials and playing around. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:56 pm

Thanks, how to I get to GIMP?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:59 pm

mrblitz wrote:Thanks, how to I get to GIMP?

Go here and download the top two downloads. Also find and download the documentation files below those two. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:51 pm

Geez, lot of downloading necessary, heh?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:13 pm

mrblitz wrote:Geez, lot of downloading necessary, heh?

Its not AWFUL, but yeah, but hey, its free. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:28 am

im not sure if any of our active artists use GIMP so i dont know how much help we will be if you go that direction :-?. i have seen some really nice stuff done with that prog in the past, so it has to be decent though. i myself dont know the first thing about that prog since ive always used photoshop, but if you have any questions ill try my best to help you out. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:10 am

Dem Warriors isn't around a ton or anything, but he uses GIMP (last I checked). Here is some of his stuff. ;-D

Chester Taylor

Antonio Bryant

Dwayne Jarrett
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby boehlerking01 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:01 am

You can also download a free trial of Photoshop CS2 here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/

It's over on the right hand side.

The only problem with that is after the trial period you will have to register it to keep using it.It is rather expensive to buy but I got lucky and my sister who was in college went halves on it with me and we got her discount.I have heard of people getting it by downloading it from some of the file sharing sites for free but I would have to warn you that it is aganst the law to do so.I have heard that Adobe is soon to release Photoshop CS3 so maybe CS2 will come down in price enough for the average Joe to afford it....I hope this helps and good luck with the sigs!
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:27 pm

boehlerking01 wrote:You can also download a free trial of Photoshop CS2 here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/

It's over on the right hand side.

The only problem with that is after the trial period you will have to register it to keep using it.It is rather expensive to buy but I got lucky and my sister who was in college went halves on it with me and we got her discount.I have heard of people getting it by downloading it from some of the file sharing sites for free but I would have to warn you that it is aganst the law to do so.I have heard that Adobe is soon to release Photoshop CS3 so maybe CS2 will come down in price enough for the average Joe to afford it....I hope this helps and good luck with the sigs!

Yeah, I got the student discount so I go the entire CS2 Suite and Studio 8 for 600 dollars instead of like nearly 2000 dollars. :-o :-°
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off