Titans sign CB Harper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titans sign CB Harper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titans sign CB Harper

Postby Kilroy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Titans, former Colts CB Harper agree to terms
NFL.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 13, 2007) -- Nick Harper is going from the Super Bowl champion Colts to a division rival, the Tennessee Titans.

The free-agent cornerback agreed to a three-year deal with the Titans, agent Ian Greengross said.

"Nick was impressed with what he saw when the Colts played the Titans," Greengross said. "They played the Colts close the first time and beat the Colts the second time. He likes where they are heading."

The 5-foot-10 Harper spent the past six seasons with Indianapolis. The 32-year-old had three interceptions and 58 tackles last season as a starter.

He visited Tennessee last week and said the Titans were his top choice.

That could be in part because the future of cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones' is in question after a series of off-field incidents. Titans coach Jeff Fisher recently expressed his displeasure with Jones for failing to inform the team of two arrests last year in Georgia. Jones also was interviewed by police after a triple shooting at a Las Vegas strip club on Feb. 19.

Harper has been the Colts' most consistent cover cornerback in the past few seasons.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Am I not a diehard enough Vikings fan???

Seriously, if they don't make an effort to sign a player worth buying a ticket to see, I'm going to become a fan of another team. There are so many players that can help the Vikings AMAZINGLY deep holes, but they aren't ponying up any cash for decent players.

VIKINGS MANAGEMENT: IF YOU WANT THE BEST PLAYERS, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO OVERPAY!

Why do I bother with season tickets? :-t
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Axl's Army » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:48 pm

relax. maybe they plan to draft for talent.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:27 am

Nice pick up for Tennessee. He will be great opposite of Jones or if Jones goes a great replacement
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:34 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Nice pick up for Tennessee. He will be great opposite of Jones or if Jones goes a great replacement

Yeah, they had to get some insurance for Jones.

But if Jones stays around is Nick Harper and Pac-man in the top 3 CB duos in the league? :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:37 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Nice pick up for Tennessee. He will be great opposite of Jones or if Jones goes a great replacement

Yeah, they had to get some insurance for Jones.

But if Jones stays around is Nick Harper and Pac-man in the top 3 CB duos in the league? :-?

Bailey/Bly or Baily/Springs
I Springs/Smoot or Bly/Smoot whatever happens

those are outstanding there
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:57 am

As previously stated, this is a very good move by the Titans.

Pacman's future with the Titans is definitely in question, so picking up a cornerback as talented as Harper is a great move. If Pacman ends up staying, the Titans will have a solid secondary.

So, if Pacman were to leave, then we would have someone to replace him at cornerback. However, his amazing ability to create big plays on kick returns would be very hard to replace.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:55 am

Harper was a nice fit in Indy for a few years. Best of luck to him in Tennessee. Funny thing about Harper, as decent as he was, I'll always remember him best for two plays - 1. Running into Ben Roethlisberger in the 2005 Divisional round and 2. Getting injured so backup Kelvin Hayden could play and return a Grossman interception for the clinching TD in Super Bowl XLI. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:20 am

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:Am I not a diehard enough Vikings fan???

Seriously, if they don't make an effort to sign a player worth buying a ticket to see, I'm going to become a fan of another team. There are so many players that can help the Vikings AMAZINGLY deep holes, but they aren't ponying up any cash for decent players.

VIKINGS MANAGEMENT: IF YOU WANT THE BEST PLAYERS, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO OVERPAY!

Why do I bother with season tickets? :-t

Don't worry. It's an NFC North thing.

Signed: Frustrated Packer Fan
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby madaslives911 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:38 am

Axl's Army wrote:relax. maybe they plan to draft for talent.

Pacman's hearing for his felony obstruction case will continue until May and maybe they foresee that Pacman would go to jail. O:-)
They certainly need a replacement if ever Pacman gets jailed.

Anyway, i think Harper could be a solid starter.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk