Draft Day Trades - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Draft Day Trades

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Day Trades

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm

This'll be my second year of fantasy football. What I'd really love to do is make it possible to do trades on draft day. Say you have the number three overall and want to move down a little. You trade with the team in the nine slot, picking up a second round pick.

Is there any way to do something like this, other than keeper league?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Day Trades

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 am

Kareighuis wrote:This'll be my second year of fantasy football. What I'd really love to do is make it possible to do trades on draft day. Say you have the number three overall and want to move down a little. You trade with the team in the nine slot, picking up a second round pick.

what site do you use... it varies...

If it's a live off-line draft it would be ridiculously easy...

at worst you can just have the teams draft for the other team and make the trade after the draft...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dream_017 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:06 am

Kareighuis wrote:This'll be my second year of fantasy football. What I'd really love to do is make it possible to do trades on draft day. Say you have the number three overall and want to move down a little. You trade with the team in the nine slot, picking up a second round pick.

Welcome to the cafe. ;-D
Yes this is done even in re-draft leagues, although not very often...that I have noticed. If you do a 2 for 1 trade generally the person that is left 1 roster spot short is given the last pick in the draft or to make it a 2 for 2 you would give your last round pick.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:16 am

The best way to do this I think is have something other than the online draft room to chat with the other owners. That way if they make a trade, you can just have them commmunicate to the commish and to the other owner who to draft for them in that spot and then do the trades after the draft is over. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Thanks for the responses!
Two of the improvement proposals after last year were: 1) live draft in bar; 2) have it online, so the teams can watch the results real-time. My first year of Commishing, I compiled the points the old school way- pencil and paper.

I'd love to have it just like the real NFL draft, rather than make trades official after the draft. Simply do the trades during the draft and then I, as Commish, set up the rosters on a website. I haven't seen a way to actually do that. I love dream_017's idea, though.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Thanks for the responses!
Two of the improvement proposals after last year were: 1) live draft in bar; 2) have it online, so the teams can watch the results real-time. My first year of Commishing, I compiled the points the old school way- pencil and paper.

I'd love to have it just like the real NFL draft, rather than make trades official after the draft. Simply do the trades during the draft and then I, as Commish, set up the rosters on a website. I haven't seen a way to actually do that. I love dream_017's idea, though.

If that is what you are doing, then yes, with a live draft, most websites offer a way to import your rosters. So you would just need to keep track real-time of the rosters and then after the draft, just enter your rosters into the host site. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:24 pm

I remember those 'ol "pen and paper" years! I began as commissioner of my league back in 1992, and I've kept all the fantasy football mags since then...what a difference! I kind of miss the days when the "official newspaper" of the league was the USA Today, and I had to run out early monday and tuesday morning to get the paper, then grab a calculator and get to counting! The good 'ol days!
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner