I've never taken on anything this big before in FF.
these are the rules that I and another member came up.. If anyone wants to take the time out and review them incase there is any foreseen problem..
• Please read these rules in their entirety. If you have any questions please contact the commissioner. Finally, before you proceed please understand that on a yearly basis there are always situations that seem to fall between the cracks of our documented rules. In such cases, the commissioner will make a ruling based on three fundamentals; the betterment of the league, consistency and historical precedence. Remember, all team owners are strongly encouraged to provide suggestions that may improve the league during and after the season.
Entry Fee/Pay out
• Entry Fee is $110 per franchise.
• $10 of the Entry Fee goes to the Site Cost, Fantasyauctioneer.com cost, and additional Paypal costs.
• $100 * 12 = $1200 will be paid out to the league.
Highest pt total of the yr (wk1 - wk 13) $75
Weekly highest score (wk 1 - wk 13) $25 (in order to keep it competitive)
• March 1st: Off-season trading begins.
Players Salaries increase
•May 15th Entry Fee of $110 is due
•Last Weekend in July: Rookie Draft (3 rounds; must make room for you future draft picks)
•August 10th: Franchise Tag and Transition Tag players announced
•August 17th: Bidding on Transition Tags ends
•August 20th: Contracted Players and Extensions are announced.
Transition tagged players must be matched (or not)
Non-contracted players are dropped
All teams must be on or below the Cap
•Last Weekend in August: Free Agent Auction
•September 8-12: Week 1 - NFL Regular Season
•Week 12: Trading period ends
•Week 13: Waiver and FA period ends. Regular season ends
•Week 14: Playoffs begin
•Week 15: Semifinals
•Week 16: League Championship
• The initial auction date will be set once all teams have submitted payment and a date. Looking like the first weekend in Sept.
• Auction will be an online live action held on fantasyauctioneer.com.
• Each Franchise will be given a $500 Salary Cap to draft their 30 man rosters.
• Min Bid is $1 per player and bids will be in an increment of $1.
• You will be forced to draft all 30 players at this point.
• FAs will be locked after the draft and the release date and time will be announced before the draft. Free Agents not drafted will be first come, first until Kick off of the first game. Afterwards, there is a blind bidding system.
• Salary Cap is intended only for the draft; so don’t be afraid to spend all of it.
• Teams will have 30 man rosters.
• Starting line up will consist of 17 players (1 QB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T, 1 K, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2DB, 1 Flex IDP).
• Team must be able to fill their 17 starters’ spots every week.
Contracts/ Player Salary
• Contracts must be announced by August 20th.
• Any Player Drafted (Rookie or FA Auction) are automatically signed to a 3 yr deal beginning w/ the yr they are drafted.
• Each yr a player is kept; the winning bid (Player’s Salary) will increased 10% and round off to the next dollar.
• After a Player’s 3rd Contracted yr; Franchise’s have 3 options. Release the player back into the FA Pool to be redrafted Franchise Tag them, or Tender Tag them.
• Team owners may keep up to 27 players as long as their team is under the salary cap of $500.
• Only players drafted in the previous yr are under contract. Any player dropped after the FA auction loses their contract and salary status and can not be kept the following yr.
• There is no penalty to releasing a player.
• If a team can not free up the roster space for the Rookie draft for meet the Cap requirement date, the Commish will take matters into his own hands and drop your lowest paid Player(s) until your have the space.
• Before the last year of a player’s contract; owners must make a decision on whether to exercise the option year(s) in the contract. This will extend the player’s contract and give the player a raise.
• If the franchise declines the option; the player will become a Free Agent at the end of the season.
• Franchises have until August 20th to exercise the option yr(s).
• If a player receives a 1 year extension, they are rewarded with a $10 raise or 20% raise (rounded up to the nearest $1), whichever is higher.
• If a player receives a 2 year extension, they are rewarded with a $20 raise or 40% raise (rounded up to the nearest $1), whichever is higher.
• Teams must have the same amount of open roster space as they have draft picks.
• Draft order is constant, like the NFL, and is determined by a team’s record, points scored in the regular season, and order of finish in the playoffs.
• The champion picks last each round and the team with the worst record picks first.
• Rookie draft will consist of 3 rounds. 5 minutes between picks.
• Any player eligible for the NFL rookie draft qualifies as an eligible player for the rookie draft.
• Players remaining in college for the following season are not eligible.
• Rookies will then be automatically signed to a 3 yr deal.
• 1st RD, Picks 1 – 4: Offensive players= $20; IDP = $16
• 1st RD, Picks 5 – 8: Offensive players= $15; IDP = $12
• 1st RD, Picks 9 – 12: Offensive players= $10; IDP = $8
• 2nd RD, Picks 1 – 6: Offensive players= $7; IDP = $5
• 2nd RD, Picks 7 – 12: Offensive players= $5; IDP = $3
• 3rd RD, all Picks: Offensive players = $3; IDP = $1
Free Agent Auction Draft
• Prior to the auction; teams must be under be under the cap unless they have a full 30 man roster.
• Remember; each open roster spot will cost you a min of $1 to fill. If you have 10 open roster spots; you need to have at least $10 of cap room to fill them.
• Auction will be similar to the Initial Auction draft. Any Player who is not under contract is available in the FA Auction.
• Winning bid will set the FA’s salary. FA’s will then be automatically signed to a 3 yr deal.
• Teams must fill out the rest of their rosters with their remaining salary during the FA auction.
• Any Rookie who was not drafted during the Rookie Draft will be available during the FA Auction.
• Teams will be allowed to Franchise Tag any 1 player by August 10th.
• A player can be franchised over and over if the team wishes too.
• Franchise Tag Salary will be the avg of the top 5 salaries for that position or 120% of that player’s salary; which ever is greater.
• The salaries that will be used to determine these Franchise and Tender Tags will be the winning bid from the previous year draft (before their 10% increase)... not just the carry over players
• Other Franchise’s can not offer Qualifying Offers for Franchise tagged players
• Each team is allowed to use 2 Tender tags by August 6th; a 1st RD and 2nd RD Tender.
• Tender players will be signed too one year contracts. Afterwards they will be released the following yr.
• 1st RD Tender Tag Salary will be the avg of the top 10 salaries for that position or 120% of that player’s salary; which ever is greater. Compensation is a 1nd round draft choice.
• 2nd RD Tender Tag Salary will be the avg of the top 15 salaries for that position or 110% of that player’s salary; which ever is greater. Compensation is a 2nd round draft choice
• Tender players are eligible for bidding between August 10th thru August 17th
• On August 13th, the top bids for each tagged player will be announced.
• Team owners have 48 hours (or 10pm ET August 20th) to decide whether to match the highest bid or accept draft choice compensation from the team with the highest bid.
• If a player is sent to a new franchise; the player is Automatically signed to a 3 year deal.
• If commish does not hear from team owner, he will assume you wish to keep the Transition player and match the highest bid.
• 12 Teams will play double headers on a weekly basis for the first 13 weeks of the season.
• 6 teams advance into the Playoffs
Weekly Line ups
• Lineups may be submitted or changed up to a player’s game time without penalty.
• A full line up is required every week.
Blind Bidding Waivers
• Blind bidding will be used to acquire players during Waivers
• Teams are given an $100 Blind Bid Balance.
• Blind Bidding will take Effect on Monday; 8:30 pm ET of week 1. Bidding will begin at the samtime every week
• Min Bid is $1 and Waivers will be processed every Wednesday at 10:00pm ET after the first game.
• When a Player is dropped; Their current contract and salary are terminated and that player is not available until next Waivers are processed
• Teams are allowed a max of 5 waivers a week.
• When claiming a player off the waiver wire, team owners must clearly indicate which player(s) will be waived or deactivated to create a roster spot.
• Incomplete waiver claims will not be processed.
• Players picked up from the Waivers can not be Contracted
• Waivers end week 13
Free Agent Pick ups (First Come, First Serve)
• Teams will be able to pick up plays FCFS shortly after the draft and up until Monday 8:15 pm ET of week 1.
• FCFS will be closed every week from Monday 8:15 thru Wednesday at 10:15 pm while Blind bidding is taking place.
• After the Waivers are processed, Players can be acquired FCFS Pick ups beginning Wednesdays at10:15 ET thru each individuals players kick off.
• FA pick ups will cost $5 out of your blind bid balance
• Players Picked up from the FA pool can not be Contracted.
• FCFS ends before the first game of week 16.
• All trades need to be approved by the commish.
• Contract status and Salary follow players in the trade
• Rookies draft picks can be traded as well. However; both teams involved will need to pay 50% of the next yr dues in order for the trade to take place.
• Teams may trade future draft choices up to two years following the current season
• The trading period during the season ends with the week 12.
• Off-season trading beginnings March 1st.
• The playoffs begin on week 14 of the NFL season.
• The playoffs conclude on week 16 with the League Championship.
• Six teams advance to the post-season. The top 2 seeds receive a bye week during Week 14.
• Week 15 is the Semi-Finals: seed 1 vs lowest seed remaining and seed 2 vs highest seed remaining.
• Two seeds that lost in Week 14 will play each other. Winner gets #7 draft pick, loser gets #8 draft pick.
• Week 16 is the League Championship: week 15 winners.
• Two seeds that lost in Week 15 will play each other. Winner gets #9 draft pick and 3rd place; loser gets #10 draft pick and 4th place.
• The league scoring is very exciting and original. The commish has done his best to balance each position.
• Please click on the link http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2007/options?L=70512&O=09
and use the Test function for each scoring rule if you are confused.