Who will the browns draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Who will the browns draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will the browns draft?

Postby TommyZND » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:33 pm

I didnt follow the browns this year but i thought Charlie Frye did an allright job, so im not so sure about this talk about drafting Brady Quinn is. I think if Frye had a supporting cast of athletes around him, he could get the job done. On other sites they have the browns drafting Adrian Peterson, even after they acquired Jamal Lewis. I disagree with that. I think Jamal Lewis with the combination of Reuben Droghns would be an established running game.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:48 pm

The minute the Browns traded Droughns, they let everyone know that their first and second round picks were going to be a OL and a RB.

One in Rd. 1, one in Rd. 2.

So expect a combination of Peterson and that guard from Tenn. or Stacy... OR Thomas/Bush.

The talk of Quinn is only there to Hype the value of the pick, to entice a possible trade.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scrumtalecent » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:46 pm

I'm sort of a Lion fan, and I have recently seen a couple of drafts that had the Lions taking Quinn and the Browns taking Thomas. That'd be nice for my dynasty team, since I still have Lewis on it. If he was left alone in Cleveland, I'd have no reason to cut him. This draft board:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

has AP falling to 8th if Cleveland doesn't take him. I have no idea why Cleveland wouldn't. Why would you bring in a talent that is past his prime and trade away what would be his backup if you didn't plan on drafting a premier player like AP? Then again, I've read Thomas is a freak as well. Anyway, good luck, Cleveland, but we need it more than you do.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TommyZND » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:48 pm

I personally dont think they should draft Peterson if they already have Jamal. They should draft the best possible RB in the 2nd . To draft somebody with the 3rd pick who is just going to split time just doesnt make sense to me.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby scrumtalecent » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Reggie Bush was drafted #2 by the Saints and they knew he'd be splitting time if Deuce was healthy. Deuce can still be a beast, so they may be splitting time for a while with Bush getting lots of yards through the air. I suppose there's the possibility that if they draft some big bodies on the offensive line, Jamal might have some room to run, but I don't think they'll pass up on a talent like Adrian.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TommyZND » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:15 pm

Good example, I guess i agree with that. There will still be some big boys in the 2nd round for the browns to pick from too.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:28 pm

So you Browns fans think that if Russell is available with your pick you'd bypass him for AP? I wouldnt at all be surprised to see him fall to you with the Raiders drafting CJ. The draft has got a pretty good pool of RBs this year. The browns could snag a quality back in the second round. What do you think?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Cleveland Browns