Bly Update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Denver Broncos

Bly Update

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bly Update

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:26 pm

Source: Denver Post
Yes, the Dré Bly story has gone quiet. Not much has been said by either side, by design. The Broncos hope the situation calms down. Some in the organization have said reports of Bly's unhappiness with his trade from the Detroit Lions to Denver and his desire to play for the Washington Redskins are overblown.

Still, there are indications Denver will take a wait-and-see approach, and the Broncos remain open to trading Bly, especially if they can move up in the first round of the draft. But the Broncos would like to keep Bly. It seems Bly is taking the high road and will deal with whatever happens. It's still possible he will sign a long-term contract with the Broncos.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:33 pm

I sure hope Bly comes to his senses and stays with the Broncos. He's more likely to have a successful career in Denver right now than Washington, even though it's all about the money. If he plays outstanding this coming year, Denver will reward him properly.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dominator » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:45 pm

I would love to see him stay in Denver. He and Champ would really cause some issues for receivers.
I'm just worried about his size. Isn't he like 5'9 or something ??

I would L O V E a ballhawking safety in the draft. Our secondary would be TIGHT !!
Dominator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:49 pm

Per Associated Press, via Sports Illustrated:
DENVER (AP) -- The Denver Broncos agreed to terms Wednesday on a contract extension with cornerback Dre Bly, obtained earlier this month from the Detroit Lions.

Details were not released.

Bly, 29, had a year left on his contract when he was traded to Denver in exchange for running back Tatum Bell and offensive lineman George Foster.

Denver also got a sixth-round pick and Detroit got a fifth-round pick.

Bly has 33 career interceptions, the fourth-most in the league since 1999. He has returned five interceptions for touchdowns in his career.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

shasty mcnasty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby The_Captain » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Here's some more information:

Broncos News wrote:Broncos sign CB Bly to five-year, $33M contract
Written by: ¦ 3/28/2007
Source: sports.espn.go.com
The Denver Broncos signed cornerback Dre' Bly to a five-year, $33 million contract, ESPN.com's Michael Smith reported Wednesday.

The deal includes $18 million in bonus money, $16 million guaranteed.

The signing should end any speculation Bly wouldn't report to the Broncos.

Neither Bly nor his agent, Kennard McGuire was available for comment.

Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan told the Denver Post that Bly initially wasn't happy when traded to Denver from the Detroit Lions, but he believes Bly will be happy with the Broncos.

This is excellent news for the Broncos. I was hoping they would reach a deal with Bly and I certainly hope he'll be happy being a Bronco. This really gives Denver a couple of pair of formidable DB's.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dominator » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:59 am

Oh yeah..... :-)

Now if we could shore up that "D" line and possible get a decent safety in the draft..... ;-D ;-D

Defense would be solid !!!!!
Dominator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Denver Broncos