Hitler to lose his citizenship??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hitler to lose his citizenship???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:16 pm

aaawall91 wrote:He was one of there most brave and decorated (if I'm not mistaken) soldiers from WWI without even fighting, he was brave in his actions, and for that little bit alone he should remain a German. His atrocities no matter how inhuman can not just erase what he did good for them. Gah why are the following this new ideal of the U.S. to regret our past.

True, he was considered brave in WWI by his superiors, but he was far from the most decorated - he won the Iron Cross 1st and 2nd class, and the Wound Badge and that's about it.
Another little known little known fact is that he was in fact a draft dodger in his home country of Austria as he did not want to fight for Austria. When German authorities informed him there was a warrant for his arrest, he returned to Austria on his own and reported to the military where he was declared physically unfit for military duty - the Austrians didn't want him after all. When war did break out, Hitler hurried to apply for the German army as he wanted to fight for Germany. He was a member of the 16th Bavarian Infantry Regiment.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:26 pm

knapplc wrote:This will show him! Way to go, Germany!!!! }:-) }:-) }:-)

Yeah, way to send a message!! :-b

No, seriously, I don't see the purpose in this. However, I do think that it will pass if it is being put up for a public vote. I doubt he has much of a general liking from the public. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:59 pm

Waste... of... time. Revoke his citizenship or not, he was still their leader during WW2, and will forever be associated with Germany at that time period. As much as it must be an embarrassment to current Germans that one of the world's most vile beings is one of their most memorable leaders, there is nothing they can do that will erase him from being tied to their history.

They should figure out how many man hours it will take their government officials to complete the whole process, get a quote on how much money it would cost, and take that money to build a statue to Schlinder. Rather than continue to try and sweep the bad under the rug, they should focus on embracing the few examples of courage and decency they can from that time.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:04 am

This would have made a great Germany or Florida :-b "Somewhere in the world revokes Hitler's citizenship"
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby confused_jake » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 am

beanoX3 wrote:
confused_jake wrote:It doesn't really matter where he had citizenship, he will always be thought of as a German. Its kind of like Osama Bin Laden. He is actually Saudi but everyone thinks he is Afghani.

I thought it was made quite clear that bin Laden is Saudi, being rich and all. I actually don't know anyone who thinks he's from Afghanistan. :-?

Haha....thats what i thought untill i found out about him being Saudi. So i guess im the only one !+)
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:12 am

Germany can always change it's name officially to something else. That way, when people say that Hitler was German, they can say "where the crap is Germany?" O:-)

Or just force everyone to start calling Germany what they call themselves. Bundesrepublik Deutschland. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:26 am

Well it's good to see that they've stopped wasting time on silly s**t like unemployment and poverty and are concentrating on something important.

Those Germans have their priorities straight.

:-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:32 am

This is Florida for sure. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:56 am

The news just keeps getting worse for der Fuhrer:

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Baltic Sea resort of Heiligendamm, which will host the G8 summit in June, has revoked the honorary citizenship it awarded to Adolf Hitler in 1932.

The local council voted late Monday to formally strip the Nazi dictator's name from the roll of honorary citizens even though it felt the honor had lapsed when Hitler, a regular summer guest, killed himself.

"We've taken this formal step now before the G8 meeting because it was causing such a stir even though in our view the honorary citizenship lapsed with his death," Gerhard Kukla, head of the town's administration, told Reuters.

Hitler spent several summer holidays in Germany's oldest Baltic resort, 250 km (150 miles) north of Berlin. He was given the honor on August 15, 1932, Kukla said.

Thousands of German towns and cities made Hitler an honorary citizen during the Third Reich and many formally revoked the title when his regime collapsed after his suicide in 1945.

Heiligendamm has a population of 350.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:57 am

Poor guy :,-( :-B
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk