Marshall Faulk Officially Retires - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marshall Faulk Officially Retires

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:40 am

No question, Faulk belongs the Hall of Fame. The guy was, for the better part of a decade, one of the most explosive do-it-all running backs to ever play in the NFL. The headpiece to one of the most explosive offenses to ever grace our presence.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:11 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:No question, Faulk belongs the Hall of Fame. The guy was, for the better part of a decade, one of the most explosive do-it-all running backs to ever play in the NFL. The headpiece to one of the most explosive offenses to ever grace our presence.

1st ballot HOFer IMO. ;-D

Like DDD said, Faulk did it all.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:04 am

1st Ballot HOF. One of the best on and off the field. Class guy and a real team player who did it all for any team he played for.

Good Luck Marshall ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:06 am

He's a 1st ballot, no question...

Question: Does it surprise anyone that Marshall picked now to announce his retirement? I mean, the media is so enthralled by the NCAA tourney, the NBA playoff race, and baseball starting that he probably thought this would be the best time to let his retirement go as unnoticed as possible....That's my theory anyway...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:09 am

jayday wrote:He's a 1st ballot, no question...

Question: Does it surprise anyone that Marshall picked now to announce his retirement? I mean, the media is so enthralled by the NCAA tourney, the NBA playoff race, and baseball starting that he probably thought this would be the best time to let his retirement go as unnoticed as possible....That's my theory anyway...

I agree, he is such a quiet and classy guy i think he wanted to go out quietly.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 am

The master of the 5 yard "sit down" pass route...but he could break those ones along with normal runs in the backfield. I don't know how many times I got mad at him getting all those cheapo yards when I played against him.

He's up there in terms of total yards, so I have to imagine he'd make the Hall of Fame.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 pm

I think there no question that he will be a HOFer. He also does a great job on NFL Network Total Access Show.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:50 pm

If I was a coach in the NFL there is no other single RB I would ever want on the field more than Faulk. He wasn't the best pure RB (although he was one of them), but the guy did it all and was a great leader and team player. No RB could change a game in as many ways as Faulk could. Perhaps some were better at picking up tough yardage, or at taking the ball to the house, or even taking a dump off 50 yards down the field...but no one did all those things as good as Faulk. Depending on his competition, I can see him as a 1st ballot'er, but there is no question he will get there one day.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby m16a » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:18 pm

I'm in agreement. Faulk definitely gets the HoF. He was an excellent back. Sorry to see him go:(
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby oscarx21 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:25 pm

All I can say is thanks for the memories, he was a class act and a great all around player, the most exciting element of the best show on turf.

Hall of famer? is someone doubting?
oscarx21
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk