Jets sign free-agent DL Haynes from Saints - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets sign free-agent DL Haynes from Saints

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby madaslives911 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:08 am

Associated Press

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- The New York Jets signed free-agent defensive end Michael Haynes on Thursday.

Haynes, Chicago's first-round draft pick out of Penn State in 2003, was cut by the Bears before last season. Haynes was signed by New Orleans after training camp, but was inactive for the Saints' opener before being released.

Haynes, who switched to defensive tackle from end during the preseason with the Bears, started four games in his three NFL seasons, playing in 43. He has 5 career sacks and returned an interception for a touchdown in 2004.

Haynes was the 2002 Big Ten defensive player of the year after 15 sacks as a senior for the Nittany Lions, and was the 14th player selected overall in 2003. Haynes' value fell when the Bears switched defensive systems two years ago under Lovie Smith.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:15 am

I'm surprised it took this long for Haynes to finally end up on a 3-4 team. Former 1st round pick, I'd thought he'd have more suitors after the Bears released him last year.

Eh, hopefully he can find some success with the Jets.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:27 pm

I know the Jets were interested in getting him last year when he was released by the Bears but the Saints landed him. Depending on whatthe contract was this could be a good signing.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk