Culpepper may be released - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper may be released

Moderator: Football Moderators

Culpepper may be released

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:07 am

The Dolphins will reportedly consider releasing Daunte Culpepper if they acquire Trent Green.

While stunning on the surface, coach Cam Cameron had nothing to do with Culpepper's acquisition. Miami would eat $5.5 million in "dead money" but still save a little cap space overall by cutting ties. The Raiders seem like the best fit for Culpepper if he's cut. Mar. 23 - 8:52 am et
Source: NFL.com
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Culpepper may be released

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:01 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Dolphins will reportedly consider releasing Daunte Culpepper if they acquire Trent Green.

While stunning on the surface, coach Cam Cameron had nothing to do with Culpepper's acquisition. Miami would eat $5.5 million in "dead money" but still save a little cap space overall by cutting ties. The Raiders seem like the best fit for Culpepper if he's cut. Mar. 23 - 8:52 am et

Hmmm...
I wonder what that would do with the Randy Moss situation? :-?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Culpepper may be released

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:02 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Hmmm...
I wonder what that would do with the Randy Moss situation? :-?

I have heard that they may not trade Moss if they get Culpepper
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:08 pm

I wouldn't think acquiring Culpepper would have too much of an effect on a Randy Moss trade -- I can't see Culpepper being reliable for much playing time.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:19 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I wouldn't think acquiring Culpepper would have too much of an effect on a Randy Moss trade -- I can't see Culpepper being reliable for much playing time.

Would this not free the Raiders up for drafting Johnson? Moss and Johnson with Lamont out of the back field would be pretty good for C-Pepp. Guys that can stretch the field and go up and get the ball. And Moss may even actually play ball with a guy he knows can get him the ball.

But the line is still a major issue.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:22 pm

I can only imagine what a Moss and CJ2 combo would be like... 2 freak athletes out there. If the Raiders could fix up that O-line that would be an offensive force worth worrying about.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:29 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:I can only imagine what a Moss and CJ2 combo would be like... 2 freak athletes out there. If the Raiders could fix up that O-line that would be an offensive force worth worrying about.

Thats what i meant. If they get C-Pepp they can take CJ2 and then go O-Line the next couple picks. If they get any production from the O-Line with Lamont/Rhodes and Moss/CJ2 they could get some nice production and there defense is pretty good already
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:39 pm

The problem with this conjecture is that it assumes C-Pep will be physically capable of playing at all, which is a fairly risky assumption at this point.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:The problem with this conjecture is that it assumes C-Pep will be physically capable of playing at all, which is a fairly risky assumption at this point.

This is true. I thing the more telling question is: Is C-pep in a Wheelchair better than Andrew Walter? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk