Dolphins interested in Carr? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Dolphins interested in Carr?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Carr at this point is not going to be an effective starter for too many teams, one team I can see him starting for is the Dolphins. They surely have a better O'Line than Houston does.


David Carr = Joey Harrington

Harrington didn't fit in Miami. Why would Carr?

I hope Carr does go somewhere with a solid pass blocking O-Line so we can finally put to rest the fact that he is a capable starter.

I wonder what the excuse will be when he fails with a good O-Line.


I disagree. Scattergun...er...Harrington was taught early to avoid mistakes and fell in love with dumping the ball off to worthless checkdown routes. Carr had been allowed to try and win games and so isn't afraid to throw the ball downfield. Given proper time to thrown, which hasn't been happening in Miami either, and Carr could blossom.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby bdrotoronto » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:08 pm

Azrael wrote:The Raiders should pick up Carr so they don't have to waste the first pick on the quarterback position they should have taken last year.

Given that Oakland's O-Line is worse than Houston's, how is this possibly a good fit?..
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 467
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: T.O.

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:53 pm

moochman wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Carr at this point is not going to be an effective starter for too many teams, one team I can see him starting for is the Dolphins. They surely have a better O'Line than Houston does.


David Carr = Joey Harrington

Harrington didn't fit in Miami. Why would Carr?

I hope Carr does go somewhere with a solid pass blocking O-Line so we can finally put to rest the fact that he is a capable starter.

I wonder what the excuse will be when he fails with a good O-Line.


Carr isn't afraid to throw downfield. He's just afraid to look downfield. One sight of a 6'5" lineman coming towards him and his field of vision narrows to about 5 or 6 yards.

I disagree. Scattergun...er...Harrington was taught early to avoid mistakes and fell in love with dumping the ball off to worthless checkdown routes. Carr had been allowed to try and win games and so isn't afraid to throw the ball downfield. Given proper time to thrown, which hasn't been happening in Miami either, and Carr could blossom.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:35 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact