Texans cut Carr and Domanick Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Texans cut Carr and Domanick Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:08 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:Surprising move, at least with Carr. I thought they would at least see what they could get in a deal for him, but maybe they weren't many offers. Williams is a little less surprising given his injury troubles but I still think he can be productive somewhere.

The problem with carr is that everyone knew he would be released anyway, so why bother giving something away for him

That's a good point. I was thinking before they made the deal they might have tried to move Carr but maybe they didn't want to gamble if they didn't get Schaub, or perhaps the league knew this was coming anyway. Who knows, it's the Texans.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Man Houston is doing odd stuff this offseason. First they can't deal Carr away and then they show their hand (it was obvious carr would be released) by trading for schaub. They WAY overpaid for schaub. They release DD (or DW?) without getting something for him. Seems like they're entering rebuilding phase...even tho nothing was ever really built to rebuild. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby venus » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:58 pm

That is an ugly outcome for the Texans for the last two years. If Dominic can come back to play I think he would be a perfect fit with the Giants to complement Brandon Jacobs.
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:02 pm

IF he can get that knee serviceable, I could see Domanick becoming a Kevin Faulk-type player (he is a great receiver out of the backfield) and, thus, would be a great complement to someone like Brandon Jacobs.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Don't you guys get it? Domanic Davis/Williams' NFL career is OVER. The guy has a degenerative knee condition that is never going to get better. This is why NFL players consider the franchise tag indentured slavery, because without that long term deal and guaranteed money you could be gone in a heartbeat with nothing to show for it.

NFL = Not for long.

BTW: 2 to 1 odds for anyone who is willing to lay down $20, that David Carr will not be a starting QB for any NFL team on opening day of the 2007 season. Betting ends in 24 hours.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 pm

I think the Texans could apply for the laughing stock of the league. First, they pass on Reggie Bush last year, and then they dont sign any quality offensive lineman in Free Agency(they could prolly use 5). Then they trade down 2 spots, plus kick in 2 second round draft picks for a QB that has proven nothing in the NFL. Some argue he shows promise. 6 TDs and 6 INTs in 16 games over 2 years doesnt mean progress to me. Then they cut Carr instead of making each of them better by competing for the starting job all summer. That offensive line would make Peyton Manning look horrible. I am not a Carr lover, but I dont think Schaub is an upgrade.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Big Daddy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kilroy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:54 pm

Big Daddy wrote:I think the Texans could apply for the laughing stock of the league.

So long as Millen has a job that position's been filled.

:-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby logan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:48 pm

i really wouldn't mind seeing the chiefs pick up carr if trent is indeed dealt. he would be the most experienced guy on the roster as far as game time goes. with a solid running game and decent o line he could do just as good if not better than croyle/huard.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Kilroy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:54 pm

logan wrote:i really wouldn't mind seeing the chiefs pick up carr if trent is indeed dealt. he would be the most experienced guy on the roster as far as game time goes. with a solid running game and decent o line he could do just as good if not better than croyle/huard.

I gotta disagree with that. Huard showed the ability to do something last year that Carr hasn't shown with any consistency in his entire career. The ability to win football games.

QB isn't the problem in KC. The problem is that the QB doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby logan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:30 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
logan wrote:i really wouldn't mind seeing the chiefs pick up carr if trent is indeed dealt. he would be the most experienced guy on the roster as far as game time goes. with a solid running game and decent o line he could do just as good if not better than croyle/huard.

I gotta disagree with that. Huard showed the ability to do something last year that Carr hasn't shown with any consistency in his entire career. The ability to win football games.

QB isn't the problem in KC. The problem is that the QB doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to.

i'm not going to argue that huard wasn't decent last year because he was and i'm sure he would do a serviceable job but that 11 and 1 td int ratio is making him look a whole lot better than he really is. if he had that much talent he would be riding the bench his whole career.

do i think carr would be some sort of saviour? no but atleast if something were to happen to huard if he ends up starting it wouldn't be on croyle's shoulders only. in the event huard gets down than the backup to croyle would then becomes casey printers. not really a ideal situation.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk