Texans cut Carr and Domanick Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Texans cut Carr and Domanick Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:59 pm

logan wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
logan wrote:i really wouldn't mind seeing the chiefs pick up carr if trent is indeed dealt. he would be the most experienced guy on the roster as far as game time goes. with a solid running game and decent o line he could do just as good if not better than croyle/huard.

I gotta disagree with that. Huard showed the ability to do something last year that Carr hasn't shown with any consistency in his entire career. The ability to win football games.

QB isn't the problem in KC. The problem is that the QB doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to.

i'm not going to argue that huard wasn't decent last year because he was and i'm sure he would do a serviceable job but that 11 and 1 td int ratio is making him look a whole lot better than he really is. if he had that much talent he would be riding the bench his whole career.

do i think carr would be some sort of saviour? no but atleast if something were to happen to huard if he ends up starting it wouldn't be on croyle's shoulders only. in the event huard gets down than the backup to croyle would then becomes casey printers. not really a ideal situation.

Honestly, Huard reminds me a bit of Brad Johnson. Talent doesn't knock your socks off, backup for a while, but when given the opportunity gets the job done, and most importantly doesn't shoot himself (or his team) in the foot. That type of QB may not lead off Sportscenter, but he can get your team to the playoffs, and in my opinion there are far better places the Chiefs can expend cap space than by pursuing Carr.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm

logan wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
logan wrote:i really wouldn't mind seeing the chiefs pick up carr if trent is indeed dealt. he would be the most experienced guy on the roster as far as game time goes. with a solid running game and decent o line he could do just as good if not better than croyle/huard.

I gotta disagree with that. Huard showed the ability to do something last year that Carr hasn't shown with any consistency in his entire career. The ability to win football games.

QB isn't the problem in KC. The problem is that the QB doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to.

i'm not going to argue that huard wasn't decent last year because he was and i'm sure he would do a serviceable job but that 11 and 1 td int ratio is making him look a whole lot better than he really is. if he had that much talent he would be riding the bench his whole career.

do i think carr would be some sort of saviour? no but atleast if something were to happen to huard if he ends up starting it wouldn't be on croyle's shoulders only. in the event huard gets down than the backup to croyle would then becomes casey printers. not really a ideal situation.

hey, cfl mvp.. ;-7
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 pm

thank god childress thinks he's crap...
i don't want the vikings to get him.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby logan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
logan wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

Honestly, Huard reminds me a bit of Brad Johnson. Talent doesn't knock your socks off, backup for a while, but when given the opportunity gets the job done, and most importantly doesn't shoot himself (or his team) in the foot. That type of QB may not lead off Sportscenter, but he can get your team to the playoffs, and in my opinion there are far better places the Chiefs can expend cap space than by pursuing Carr.

i'm not really knocking huard per se as i'm just not convinced. i hope huard or croyle do well otherwise the chiefs are in troulble which is my point. they need someone more than a career backup and 2 guys who have 0 experience on the roster.i'd just like to go into camp seeing atleast one vet qb on the roster. we carried 4 total last year with trent,huard and croyle on the team and printers on the practice squad and i see no reason why we shouldn't this year.

should they brak the bank to get him? no, but if it's reasonable then why not. there aren't any WR's on the market worth signing at this point and there is a good chance we draft bowe or meecham perhaps even jarrett in the first to help the wr core.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:32 am

venus wrote:That is an ugly outcome for the Texans for the last two years. If Dominic can come back to play I think he would be a perfect fit with the Giants to complement Brandon Jacobs.

mikus wrote:IF he can get that knee serviceable, I could see Domanick becoming a Kevin Faulk-type player (he is a great receiver out of the backfield) and, thus, would be a great complement to someone like Brandon Jacobs.

I think you guys are forgetting that the Giants now have Droughns to complement Jacobs. :-?

I think Carr might be able to succeed with another team and another system. I think DD (DW) is done. I think Houston passed on Bush because they thought they had their feature RB in DD. Unfortunately his knee was worse than anyone thought and he didn't play a down in 06. I think that Houston cutting DD is a sign that his knee isn't healing well at all. That was my 1st thought when they signed A.Green and this just solidifies that thought. I hope that DD can get healthy and return. He was definitely a very good RB when healthy. It'll be a shame if we've seen him play his last down.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Previous

Return to Football Talk