Cowboys sign Hamlin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys sign Hamlin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:17 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:I don't know much about Hamlin, so I PM'ed BGBootha about him when I heard we were looking to sign him. He reinforced what I already thought and that is that we are signing another less talented Roy Williams. Hamlin bites too hard on teh play action and can get beat over the top. So unless one of the two (Hamlin) can be trained to stay back and cover deep, this is going to be a scary season for our pass defense.

Having said all of that, I think that the biggest plus about this is the fact that we have a defensive guru here to manage this move. I trust Phillips to get these guys in their proper positions and solely due to the fact that he is running the defense, I think we have a top-3 to top-5 defense next season. ;-D

As I said, considering the contract, it's a really good signing for a player of his caliber. Even if he and Roy don't end up on the field together the 'Boys just paid less for a better player than the Bears did with Archuleta, and didn't give up a pick to boot.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rizzo » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:32 am

I hope this signing means they won't be taking Reggie Nelson in the first round so perhaps he can still be there for the Pats...
Rizzo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:23 am

Not a bad signing but as others have said, he is anothe version of Roy.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:26 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Not a bad signing but as others have said, he is anothe version of Roy.

Gosh, the more I think about this signing the more I am totally pumped about it. It is just going to be SOOOOOOOO much fun watching the two of them play on the same field. :-)

However, we do need to get a scheme in place that will cover the deep ball so they can feel free to just totally lay people out. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Svatos » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:40 am

...and Roy Williams!

WOW!
Svatos
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:36 pm

gonna be fun watching those 2 kill people and murder the run, but will be funny watching them get beat deep by TE's all year.

They will have to leave aaron glenn or newman to be 1 on 1 with the wr's most the year, they have a mch better chance 1 on 1 with wr's deep than the safeties.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Previous

Return to Football Talk