FA Guard Edwin Mutalo Signs with Lions on a 3-Yr Deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FA Guard Edwin Mutalo Signs with Lions on a 3-Yr Deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

FA Guard Edwin Mutalo Signs with Lions on a 3-Yr Deal

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:46 am

Mulitalo agrees to terms on three-year deal with Lions

The Lions have reached an agreement with free agent guard Edwin Mulitalo on a three-year deal and an announcement will be made as soon as the documents are signed.

The addition of Mulitalo puts Damien Woody on even thinner ice. Woody, who lost more than 30 pounds and reported in good shape to the off-season workouts, has a cap number of $6 million for the 2007 season. The Lions could save $3 million in cap space this season if Woody is released after June 1.

The Lions are still hoping Woody will get his act togther and the combination of Mulitalo and a athletic and agile Woody would give the Lions some real strength on the interior of the offensive line. If the Lions like the way Woody is performing through the off-season workouts and training camp, don't be surprised if they go to him and try to restructure his deal to make his cap hit less brutal.

The Lions also signed free agent guard Zach Piller, who has starting experience in the league. The Lions now have a lot of depth at guard with Mulitalo, Woody, Piller, Barry Stokes and two young prospects Frank Davis and Stephen Peterman.

Mulitalo was a seven-year starter for the Baltimore Ravens before becoming a free agent in the off-season.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:11 am

Well, he can't be that bad if he was starting on the Ravens, but it makes you wonder why nobody else wanted him :-°
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Atog wrote:Well, he can't be that bad if he was starting on the Ravens, but it makes you wonder why nobody else wanted him :-°

The words injury-prone and just about washed up come to mind.

Still, it doesn't hurt adding him. I think he'll do alright in Detroit.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ek » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:22 pm

It is nice to see Detroit finally trying do shore up their offensive line, rather than just stockpiling overhyped young skill players. I mean, I don't want to see any other NFC North team getting smarter, but their fans don't deserve this.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:44 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:
Atog wrote:Well, he can't be that bad if he was starting on the Ravens, but it makes you wonder why nobody else wanted him :-°

The words injury-prone and just about washed up come to mind.

Still, it doesn't hurt adding him. I think he'll do alright in Detroit.

That's just mean spirited. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:10 am

With him and Pillar they def bolstered the O-Line. With these additions i don't think they will be taking Joe Thomas
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk