Preview of Madden NFL 2008 Cover - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Preview of Madden NFL 2008 Cover

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:36 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I was actually at gamestop last weekend, and there was some of those silhouette covers and there was a bunch more of a pretty standard cover with the Madden 08 get up and what not, but there was a player on it...Chad Johnson. I asked the guy about it and he said it was a "tentative cover" and it might be changed...

Yeah, I actually would bet my money on a WR for the cover. And the silhouette has NOTHING to do with it. If I remember correctly, they put that silhouette on there every year.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:37 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I was actually at gamestop last weekend, and there was some of those silhouette covers and there was a bunch more of a pretty standard cover with the Madden 08 get up and what not, but there was a player on it...Chad Johnson. I asked the guy about it and he said it was a "tentative cover" and it might be changed...

CJ already appeared on NFL Street 3 cover so prolly not him.

Source:
Chad Johnson Covers NFL Street 3
EA picks the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver for cover stardom.
by David Adams
August 24, 2006 - Electronic Arts announced today that Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson will serve as cover athlete for NFL Street 3, the latest entry in EA's off-the-gridiron football franchise.

Johnson, who has played for the Bengals since 2001, led the AFC in receptions and receiving yards in 2005-06, and won three Pro Bowl selections. For three seasons, Johnson has paced the AFC in receiving yards, and in a December 18, 2005 game against the Detroit Lions, Johnson caught 11 passes in a division-clinching win.

In addition to standard ground-based running, passing and pummeling, NFL Street 3 will let players leap off the ground with "stunning aerial moves." Not only will the stylish moves win you bonus points, but you can use them to grab items and game modifiers hovering above the field.

"This is a big honor to be selected for the cover for NFL Street 3 since street football was the first step to learning our moves for our pro careers," said Johnson. "I really like this game and it is so much fun to play with all the new airborne moves you can do now. I've always been known to have style when I play but now I can show how stylin' I am in NFL Street 3."

I'm very aware of this fact, I was just stating my observations. I'm still favoring T.O. to be on the cover, even though he was already on one of the 2k ones I think.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:59 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Found it and you're right it is a QB.

hilarious... don't let jimboozie or joel see that!

We've already seen it over and over. It hurt bad back in January but all wounds heal with time. :-°

Now if that happened in the Super Bowl instead of a Wild Card game I don't think I'd ever fully recover. !+)

LMAO!!!!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Alkaholik » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:00 pm

arrrrrrrr every year its the same thing, EB releases pre-copies of the next year around this time and put over 25 differnt players on the cover and everyone goes around yippin and yellin when it means nothing.

this is just a bland silloutte of an nfl player in general.

it will not be a qb or rb this year it will be a denfensive player....mark my words
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:07 pm

Alkaholik wrote:arrrrrrrr every year its the same thing, EB releases pre-copies of the next year around this time and put over 25 differnt players on the cover and everyone goes around yippin and yellin when it means nothing.

it will not be a qb or rb this year it will be a denfensive player....mark my words

Maybe Shawn Merriman? ;-7 :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:57 pm

I could see Birna Urlacher on it over Marriman. Marriman's 4 game suspension wasn't cool last year and that might hurt his Madden frontcoverage.

I would say it's either gonna be Urlacher or a WR.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby sammyj1404 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:20 pm

yeah i dont see merriman getting the cover. that's practically like giving the cover to chris henry. i agree, that is a silouhette until they decide who its going to be. i think the first offer will go to LT, but if he doesnt want it, i could see someone like peyton, brees, bush, or maybe even a longshot of devon hester
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:35 pm

Wasn't Ray Lewis on the cover in 2005? I doubt they will do a MLB actually. I could see Chad Johnson or Steve Smith on there for 08 with some major upgrades to the WR play in the game.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:16 pm

I still think T.O. makes the most sense.

They do upgrades to SUPERSTAR mode and WR...that fits T.O. perfectly...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:04 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:arrrrrrrr every year its the same thing, EB releases pre-copies of the next year around this time and put over 25 differnt players on the cover and everyone goes around yippin and yellin when it means nothing.

Maybe Shawn Merriman? ;-7 :-D

Notice the ;-7 icon in the above post.

SARCASM PEOPLE'S! :-D :-b :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games