First Team to 6 Superbowls - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

First Team to 6 Superbowls

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which Franchise Wins It's Sixth Superbowl First?

Dallas
33%
Pitt
16%
SF
51%

Total votes : 49

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:46 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
petedog9 wrote:The guy was seriously hurt before the season. Had his jaw wireD shut after eating a Chrysler. Then suffers an emergency appendectomy days before week one. He had no preseason. He lost 30+ lbs because of it. Obviously his timing was off and he wasnt himself for the first half. If he sat out the whole season, I don 't think anyone would have objected...

The guy has broke records for Qbs once held by guys like Marino and so on but yet he still has plenty of doubters. Even though he has a ring.

thats because ben often gets credit for things he isnt responsible for. like winning.

he didnt carry your team to the championship...your defense and an awesome running game spearheaded by bettis did, IMO. he didnt make mistakes, which i know was huge...but he can in no way be compared to the likes of marino...i dont care what records he has.

i remember during this season steeler fans were calling for his his head...wanting him to be replaced and that "he sucks"...maybe people around here just starting listening to them !+) :-D

What he said. Ben hasn't set records. The team has set records with a rookie QB.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:07 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:So basically you guys are saying that this was an exception for Big Ben and not the norm. However, if he turns out to have that kind of a year again, they would still end up around .500. If I am correct in this, then so be it cause I will readily admit that Dallas is in the same boat. It all hinges on Romo. And if something happens and we are resting our hopes on Brad Johnson, then we won't be doing too terribly much. Bottom line though is that I see more questions in Pitt. Dallas is more of a will they play up to their potential while i see Pitt as in there is no telling even where their potential is.

You dont watch many Steeler games do you? Big Ben has won plenty of games and made plenty of plays with his arm and feet.

You didnt watch much of the Steeler's SB year either, because the running game was not "spear-headed" by Bettis. He ran for less than 400 yards. Sure, he ran for 9 TDs but that was all goalline and that's only because the Steelers decided to do that, Parker proved this year that he does just fine on the goalline.

And I would hinge my chances on Big Ben 100 times over Romo.

Anyways, you've said why you dont like the Steelers (which is fine) but you haven't said why you like the cowboys or 49ers over the Steelers. This isn't a popularity contest, its a who do you think poll. I know with the steelers, its love them or hate them, I'm just wondering why ppl have choosen those other teams OVER the steelers.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:08 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
petedog9 wrote:The guy was seriously hurt before the season. Had his jaw wireD shut after eating a Chrysler. Then suffers an emergency appendectomy days before week one. He had no preseason. He lost 30+ lbs because of it. Obviously his timing was off and he wasnt himself for the first half. If he sat out the whole season, I don 't think anyone would have objected...

The guy has broke records for Qbs once held by guys like Marino and so on but yet he still has plenty of doubters. Even though he has a ring.

thats because ben often gets credit for things he isnt responsible for. like winning.

he didnt carry your team to the championship...your defense and an awesome running game spearheaded by bettis did, IMO. he didnt make mistakes, which i know was huge...but he can in no way be compared to the likes of marino...i dont care what records he has.

i remember during this season steeler fans were calling for his his head...wanting him to be replaced and that "he sucks"...maybe people around here just starting listening to them !+) :-D

You're mistaken what fans were wanting. They knew Big Ben wasn't right as far as health and mental goes. We (included me) felt he should have been given a few weeks to sit and rest and get better. We never "called for his head".
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Munboy wrote:You dont watch many Steeler games do you? Big Ben has won plenty of games and made plenty of plays with his arm and feet.

You didnt watch much of the Steeler's SB year either, because the running game was not "spear-headed" by Bettis. He ran for less than 400 yards. Sure, he ran for 9 TDs but that was all goalline and that's only because the Steelers decided to do that, Parker proved this year that he does just fine on the goalline.

Anyways, you've said why you dont like the Steelers (which is fine) but you haven't said why you like the cowboys or 49ers over the Steelers. This isn't a popularity contest, its a who do you think poll. I know with the steelers, its love them or hate them, I'm just wondering why ppl have choosen those other teams OVER the steelers.

If you will notice in my post, not once did I say that the running game was spearheaded by Betts. All I said was that he was an emotional leader. ;-D

I also never said I didn't like the Steelers. I don't dislike them or like them either way.

I said that I liked the Cowboys over the Steelers as well.

I see the Cowboys as a more solid team with MUCH more potential than the Steelers. With the Steelers losing so much of their coaching staff (as the Cowboys did) I like the Cowboys replacements more than that of the Steelers. I will agree with you that Romo is less reliable than Big Ben right now. However, the rest of the offense is stacked in the Cowboys favor IMO.

I also see the Cowboys defense as being on par with that of the Steelers if not better. Especially with adding Hamlin and Wade Phillips to an already good defense.

That is why I like the Cowboys over the Steelers. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:31 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Munboy wrote:You dont watch many Steeler games do you? Big Ben has won plenty of games and made plenty of plays with his arm and feet.

If you will notice in my post, not once did I say that the running game was spearheaded by Betts. All I said was that he was an emotional leader. ;-D

I also never said I didn't like the Steelers. I don't dislike them or like them either way.

I see the Cowboys as a more solid team with MUCH more potential than the Steelers. With the Steelers losing so much of their coaching staff (as the Cowboys did) I like the Cowboys replacements more than that of the Steelers. I will agree with you that Romo is less reliable than Big Ben right now. However, the rest of the offense is stacked in the Cowboys favor IMO.

I also see the Cowboys defense as being on par with that of the Steelers if not better. Especially with adding Hamlin and Wade Phillips to an already good defense.

My bad, it was Deluxe who said the spearheaded thing.

Anyways, I'm just going to have to disagree with you. I'll admit that the Cowboys have the talent...in fact, I'd go as far as to say they're the most talented team going into the new season in the NFC, but they just seem to choke at the wrong times. The lose games they should win. They lose close games. Maybe a new coach can change this, maybe not. We'll see :-]
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:36 pm

Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Anyways, I'm just going to have to disagree with you. I'll admit that the Cowboys have the talent...in fact, I'd go as far as to say they're the most talented team going into the new season in the NFC, but they just seem to choke at the wrong times. The lose games they should win. They lose close games. Maybe a new coach can change this, maybe not. We'll see :-]

Maybe a new coach will, but I think more importantly maybe a new kicker will. :-/

OK, so did either of us expect to win the other over. I sure hope not or else one of us wouldn't be a true fan. I see through Blue and silver glasses and you see through black glasses (which means you are blind to the truth ;-7 :-D ). Anyway, we agree to disagree and we will see come February next year in the SuperBowl. :-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:46 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Maybe a new coach will, but I think more importantly maybe a new kicker will. :-/

OK, so did either of us expect to win the other over. I sure hope not or else one of us wouldn't be a true fan. I see through Blue and silver glasses and you see through black glasses (which means you are blind to the truth ;-7 :-D ). Anyway, we agree to disagree and we will see come February next year in the SuperBowl. :-)

Yup. I wasn't trying to turn anybody. I was trying to see fully why people were voting the way they were, and explain the way I see things.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Yup. I wasn't trying to turn anybody. I was trying to see fully why people were voting the way they were, and explain the way I see things.

Exactly. however, I do think that we can agree on one thing and that is that the 49ers won't be the ones winning this award. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Munboy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Munboy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Exactly. however, I do think that we can agree on one thing and that is that the 49ers won't be the ones winning this award. :-b

they have twice as many votes as the Steelers :*)

EDIT: whoops. Meant cowboys have twice as many...and the 49ers are actually winning!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:13 pm

Munboy wrote:

they have twice as many votes as the Steelers :*)

EDIT: whoops. Meant cowboys have twice as many...and the 49ers are actually winning![/quote]

Yeah, the 49ers have more than the Cowboys and the Steelers combined. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk