First Team to 6 Superbowls - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

First Team to 6 Superbowls

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which Franchise Wins It's Sixth Superbowl First?

Dallas
33%
Pitt
16%
SF
51%

Total votes : 49

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:42 pm

ill stick to what i said about bettis regardless of his yardage, and yes, i unfortunately saw a lot of steelers games the year of the championship. bettis was a huge factor in moving the chains (which eats clock) and scoring tds (which wins games). he always seemed to get the rock at the most critical points of the game and was clutch. even so, regarless of which steeler running back "spearheaded" your offense...your running game was the biggest threat in your offense (2000 yards combined rushing yards is pretty decent and the clock management was pretty exceptional). ben had a lot of open field when he did have to throw because: A) teams were expecting the run and defending it knowing the steelers' strength and B) ben was young and unproven and thus teams used less coverage on the WRs, instead stacking the box.

anyways, we could go back on forth about this but it wont change anything. i think ben is a good QB, but not great. i simply was stating he got too much credit for your teams success. he played well when needed and didnt make huge mistakes, and contributed to the winning, but i would still credit your running game and defense for your teams success. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 am

I think SF is 3 or 4 years away from even contending for a Super Bowl run. They will be playoff bound soon, maybe this year,

Dallas has TO and a new coaching staff. $50 says that TO is at least benched by midseason.

I've said this before about Big Ben. I think that motorcycle accident really messed up his head. I don't think he'll ever be the same QB that guided the Steelers to the Super Bowl. I could be wrong but that's my honest opinion.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:36 am

Since 3 teams have already won the NFL Championship 6 TIMES OR MORE (Green Bay Packers 12; Chicago Bears 9; NY Giants 6;.) I think the discussion is pretty moot.

Not to mention, the Indianapolis Colts and the Washington Redskins each have 5 NFL championships.

The Cleveland Browns also have 4 NFL championships as well as 4 additiona lAAFC championships (recognized by the pro football hall of fame but not by the NFL), and the Detroit Lions, KC Chiefs, and the Oakland Raiders each have 4 NFL championships as well.

Remember, the NFL existed prior to 1966.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:44 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Since 3 teams have already won the NFL Championship 6 TIMES OR MORE (Green Bay Packers 12; Chicago Bears 9; NY Giants 6;.) I think the discussion is pretty moot.

Not to mention, the Indianapolis Colts and the Washington Redskins each have 5 NFL championships.

The Cleveland Browns also have 4 NFL championships as well as 4 additiona lAAFC championships (recognized by the pro football hall of fame but not by the NFL), and the Detroit Lions, KC Chiefs, and the Oakland Raiders each have 4 NFL championships as well.

True, but I assumed the original poster was just talking about SuperBowl. Otherwise, I would have mentioned that the Bears had already done 6 a long time ago. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:46 am

browns fans have to go back that far to find a winning season :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:47 am

deluxe_247 wrote:browns fans have to go back that far to find a winning season :-b

Congrats on that big playoff win this year. ;-)
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:52 am

beanoX3 wrote:True, but I assumed the original poster was just talking about SuperBowl. Otherwise, I would have mentioned that the Bears had already done 6 a long time ago. :-b

Perhaps. Regardless, the NFL before 1966 seems to get completly ignored most of the time. At the very least, discounted as less valueable than the Super Bowl era. Which is silly.

History of the Name 'Super Bowl' wrote:One of the conditions of the AFL-NFL Merger was that the winners of each league's championship game would meet in a contest to determine the "world champion of football". According to NFL Films President Steve Sabol, then NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle wanted to call the game "The Big One". During the discussions to iron out the details, AFL founder and Kansas City Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt had jokingly referred to the proposed interleague championship as the "Super Bowl." Hunt thought of the name after seeing his kids playing with a toy called a Super Ball. The ball is now on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 am

The Balanced Man wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:browns fans have to go back that far to find a winning season :-b

Congrats on that big playoff win this year. ;-)

we lost to the champs, what can i say. ;-D

dont fret, someday you might also get to watch your team play in a playoff game.

wait...maybe not :-b B-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:16 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Since 3 teams have already won the NFL Championship 6 TIMES OR MORE (Green Bay Packers 12; Chicago Bears 9; NY Giants 6;.) I think the discussion is pretty moot.

NFL championships. NOT the Super Bowl with both leagues playing. There is a difference. It's not like it was the same league and they just came out with a nice new trophy. It's a totally different ERA. Sure the Bears won all those championships during an ERA of many different leagues. But once it was merged is when you know where the talent was. And since then the Bears have won once. Does the NFL keep track of who won the AFL championships and do they count as well?

And no one said "NFL CHAMPIONSHIP". The question asked was which team will win the SUPER BOWL for the 6th time first.

But I guess as a Browns fan you have to hold on to something.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:33 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:NFL championships. NOT the Super Bowl with both leagues playing. There is a difference. It's not like it was the same league and they just came out with a nice new trophy. It's a totally different ERA. Sure the Bears won all those championships during an ERA of many different leagues. But once it was merged is when you know where the talent was. And since then the Bears have won once. Does the NFL keep track of who won the AFL championships and do they count as well?

And no one said "NFL CHAMPIONSHIP". The question asked was which team will win the SUPER BOWL for the 6th time first.

But I guess as a Browns fan you have to hold on to something.
Free agency is a totally different ERA of the NFL as well. Plus, the NFL has expanded in the Super Bowl era. Are those championships from pre-free agency or pre-expansion worth any less? Nope. They are still the same as others.

Further, there are many football leagues today (arena, Canadian, etc), and one main one. Just like it was back then. Your arguments don't carry much weight.

As much as a Cowboys fan wants to hold onto the disillusion that they are the most successful NFL franchise, it is clear that Dallas is not. They fall somewhere between #4 and #6.

As for AFL championships, None of those are listed in these totals. These are ALL NFL CHAMPIONSHIPS. And they ALL are worth just as much as your NFL championship which happens to be named after a children's toy.

Finally, I know what the question asked. And I stated that the question was moot. And your arguments opposing it were obviously biased and not logically thought through.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk